The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doonesbury
That's good planning - I approve :smile:

So what about Imperial or Manchester?

It says here that if you are applying to Oxbridge in addition, you have to apply by the 15th, though I'm not sure if that's just to make sure Oxbridge applicants get their Oxbridge application in time. They can't tell to what other universities you've applied to, can they?
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/apply/how-to-apply/when-to-apply/
Everything is taken into account at every stage. The interview is no more important than anything else.

However I think it's a bit late to be sending information that you could easily have mentioned in your SAQ. The opportunity has passed. That said I doubt it would make much difference anyway...

Yeah... I thought they wouldn’t care since I shouldn’t have missed it by a couple of marks anyway and didn’t even expect to get an interview invitation. But thanks for the reply, I think I should just focus on doing my best in the interview now.
Original post by jason0597
It says here that if you are applying to Oxbridge in addition, you have to apply by the 15th, though I'm not sure if that's just to make sure Oxbridge applicants get their Oxbridge application in time. They can't tell to what other universities you've applied to, can they?
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/apply/how-to-apply/when-to-apply/

That's only for Oxbridge (and Medicine) - you can apply to Imperial with guaranteed equal consideration at any stage until the 15th January.

Feel free to add Imperial now - if you like the course and the university.

And correct they don't know who else you applied to (if anyone). They will only see your other choices *after* you select your Firm/Insurance.
I got an interview for CompSci at Trinity.
I possibly have to fly over there alone to attend it, so I feel doubly nervous.
Original post by FoxNuke
I got an interview for CompSci at Trinity.
I possibly have to fly over there alone to attend it, so I feel doubly nervous.

When’s your interview? I’m also flying over alone
Original post by Mikomyg
When’s your interview? I’m also flying over alone

Dec 6. If all things work out, my father might follow me, but as of now, the plan is to go alone.
Will a rejection email be sent to you at this juncture if you don't get an offer for the interview for all colleges (like some here have gotten), or will some just put you under radio silence until the rejection comes with all the other offers in January?
Original post by sinsine
Will a rejection email be sent to you at this juncture if you don't get an offer for the interview for all colleges (like some here have gotten), or will some just put you under radio silence until the rejection comes with all the other offers in January?

You would get one in this cycle of invites/rejections, if you do, not in January.
Original post by the2019
Has anyone heard back from homerton?

nope nothing :frown:
anyone heard anything from corpus, they dont have anything on their website about the interviews and starting to get nervous
Reply 4010
Original post by the2019
Has anyone heard back from homerton?

IM SO STRESSEDNO!! I need to apply for a visa
Hi all, I'm applying for natsci at clare. I know clare usually gives interview invitations not too early, but haven't heard of anything still makes me so stressed these days. It's killling me cuz I haven't got any news from my other choices (Imperial, UCL, Duhram) and it's been a month since I submitted my UCAS. I have friends who just applied days before getting offers and every time I hear that I'm really not feeling very good. Is that often the case?:frown:
Hello guys, on my interview invitation it says I hav to take a test 9:30 in the morning. Even though I live in London, but I'll still need to get up around 6.30 in order to get there safely (anything can happen to the transport in London). Is it possible for me to call my college to ask for free accommodation? Cuz I didn't get offered one in my invitation
Hello,
I applied to Corpus Christi and submitted my interview form. Some characters in my email are automatically capitalised for some reason ([email protected]) instead of ([email protected]). Do you think this should be fine? @Doonesbury This is the form btw https://www.corpus.cam.ac.uk/interview-reply-form-0
I just reread an email from my college telling me that I shouldve sent my COPA reference number and date I submitted it when I finished it. I did submit my COPA but I didnt realize they wanted me to sent them anything. They sent this email October 17, if I send it now will it be too late and would it have affected anything in my application.
Original post by Burnbad
Hello guys, on my interview invitation it says I hav to take a test 9:30 in the morning. Even though I live in London, but I'll still need to get up around 6.30 in order to get there safely (anything can happen to the transport in London). Is it possible for me to call my college to ask for free accommodation? Cuz I didn't get offered one in my invitation

If your college provides accommodation during the interview period then I recommend that you do. Just check that your college actually offers accommodation because I heard that some colleges have limited or no accommodation available.
Original post by RatiA
IM SO STRESSEDNO!! I need to apply for a visa

at least it's not that expensive comparatively (I think 30 pounds)?
Original post by FuryBall
Hello,
I applied to Corpus Christi and submitted my interview form. Some characters in my email are automatically capitalised for some reason ([email protected]) instead of ([email protected]). Do you think this should be fine? @Doonesbury This is the form btw https://www.corpus.cam.ac.uk/interview-reply-form-0

Email ignores capitals, and Gmail also ignores "."s in the name too, just fyi.

Oh and Gmail also lets you add extra characters if you include a +. So FuryBall+Amazon and FuryBall+TSR and FuryBall+Please.Accept.Me.Cambridge are all valid email addresses for your mailbox. You can use this to set up automatic filters :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Burnbad

You can certainly try, are you north or sarf London?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can certainly try, are you north or sarf London?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in West London 😂

Latest

Trending

Trending