The Student Room Group

USA to be expelled from the British Commonwealth?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ambitious1999

Ok 4 states are in the commonwealth and they can be expelled.

No. No US states are in the commonwealth. Those four states are themselves commonwealths (just as England was for a few years in the seventeenth century).
Original post by Ambitious1999
Should the USA be expelled from the British Commonwealth if Trump goes ahead with his plan to deport 3 million immigrants and build a wall around Mexico?

I think the US should be expelled from the commonwealth and a petition for that be passed before parliament.

If May refuses then she should resign. Then the US be required to pay back any funds they have gained from our commonwealth and face trade sanctions if they don't.

Come on, Ambitious: you're really not living up to your name.
Reply 22
Original post by 999tigger
Do you spend all day dreaming up this drivel? No wonder people call you a troll.

The USA is not a member of the Commonwealth and so cannot be expelled.

commonwealth.PNG
For a cold and damp little island off northern Europe, we didn't do too badly.
I wish we were members so PRESIDENT TRUMP could give a rousing speech at the next gathering of the Commonwealth announcing that Europe has been deemed fat and the U.S. is cutting fat from the budget so, while it's been fun......
Original post by oldercon1953
I wish we were members so PRESIDENT TRUMP could give a rousing speech at the next gathering of the Commonwealth announcing that Europe has been deemed fat and the U.S. is cutting fat from the budget so, while it's been fun......

That is very weird. What has the USA or Trump got to do with the EU?
Original post by 999tigger
That is very weird. What has the USA or Trump got to do with the EU?

I know we've nothing to do with the E.U..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending