The Student Room Group

Home fee status

I was born in Uk my parents got divorced and I had to move with my mom to USA, I’ll be moving back to UK to go live with my dad who is a also British, I’m finding out that applying to UK universities they will consider me as an “international student even though I have no restrictions on my British nationality. Is there any way I can be considered “home student” ?
Hi there. Student Finance England do not determine if you are classed as an international or home student for the Tuition Fees. This is decided by the university.

Are you wanting to know if you would be eligible for a loan from SFE?

Thanks, Leah.
If you're a UK national then it will likely boil down to where you have been 'ordinarily resident' for the 3 years prior to the course.

I'd recommend reading the guidance on the UKCISA website:

Quick Reply