The Student Room Group

UCL Postgraduate Applications 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rida.s
Lse has so far picked up every call and has replied to every message. Ucl replied to my email 1 MONTH late and have only picked up one call. The numbers on portico have never been picked up

I'd recommend calling your program directly. I've been able to get through the administrator for the MSc Entrepreneurship program a couple of times.
Reply 201
I had an entirely different experience with LSE...UCL has always replied to me so far (and gave me an offer 4 weeks after I applied) whereas LSE did not even bother to answer my e-mail.
Reply 202
Original post by Twooz
I'm at least in wait of week 14 for UCL. I emailed them and they apologized for the delay and they would immediately recommend me to the admissions for a conditional offer.
However, I decided to roll with LSE who I believe has a better program for me and does not suck getting back to people. Lol. LSE gave me an offer like three weeks after my application!

Hi Twooz, congrats on your offers! ! I emailed the department and it says my application is with programme director now, which means a few more weeks waiting :s-smilie: Have you received your offer or did your status change in portico?
Original post by JesWW
Hi Twooz, congrats on your offers! ! I emailed the department and it says my application is with programme director now, which means a few more weeks waiting :s-smilie: Have you received your offer or did your status change in portico?

They've been telling me my application is with the programme director since early December. I would expect more than a few weeks.
Reply 204
I hate waiting for responses ;_; how does one cope with the waiting time. Called lse and they said wait till feb now.
Reply 205
Original post by ViralRiver
Good luck :smile: . I applied to ML on the 28th of November but not heard anything yet. It's been just over 5 weeks if we don't count Christmas I believe, so should hopefully hear back soon. I have an offer from Imperial that I need to act on soon so it would be nice to be able to make a more informed decision!

UCL told me yesterday that the Program Directors are busy with some other Admin stuff so Jan end they will consider CSML applications.
What a joke, i applied mid Nov
I also asked yesterday they said the same but 4 weeks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Update: Admissions won't be looking at all until at least 3 weeks have passed, and decisions won't be communicated for at least 4 weeks, was implied possibly more.

Just sent an email to Imperial to extend my deadline.
Reply 208
Update: Admissions won't be looking at all until at least 3 weeks have passed, and decisions won't be communicated for at least 4 weeks, was implied possibly more.

Just sent an email to Imperial to extend my deadline.

What department does that apply to
Reply 209
My application for UCL was completed on 6th January and I received an offer today...that's not even 2 weeks, but it might be because my programme is probably not that popular.
Reply 210
Original post by raysen
My application for UCL was completed on 6th January and I received an offer today...that's not even 2 weeks, but it might be because my programme is probably not that popular.

What program. I submitted mine 6th of November they started processing it 24th of November and still no response.
Reply 211
MSc Bioarchaeology and Forensic Anthropology

Original post by rida.s
What program. I submitted mine 6th of November they started processing it 24th of November and still no response.
Original post by rida.s
What department does that apply to

I enquired for the MSc in Machine Learning. CSML may take longer as they have to be reviewed by two departments.
Reply 213
I enquired for the MSc in Machine Learning. CSML may take longer as they have to be reviewed by two departments.

Oh all right good luck!
Hi everyone,

Msc Cognitive and Decision Sciences app submitted with all references on Friday 13th (yeah, I was doomed before it all even started).

Anyone else applied for this programme?

Thanks, A
Hi! Haven't seen anyone mentioning.. I applied for MSC Strategic Management of projects. My second referee submitted on 22 dec. so I guess I have to wait longerbecause of the christmas break. Anyone applied for the same program?
Reply 216
Hey everyone! Looking at the previous posts it seems that MSc CSML is quite popular this year.

My application status for CSML was changed to "Currently being processed by Admissions" today. Good luck to all applicants :smile:
Reply 217
Original post by cahoots
Hi! Haven't seen anyone mentioning.. I applied for MSC Strategic Management of projects. My second referee submitted on 22 dec. so I guess I have to wait longerbecause of the christmas break. Anyone applied for the same program?

msc management applicant here. No response since the 24th of November
Received a response for CSML. Rejected.

They gave me an alternative offer for MSc Data Science.

It's better than nothing, I suppose. Will wait for a response from Edinburgh.
Reply 219
anyone else heard any updates from CSML, my portico also changed this afternoon but heard nothing since then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending