The Student Room Group

Predicted a B despite getting an A in History

I have recently been predicted my grades for my UCAS application. I have received a surprising prediction for History. I got a strong A grade level last year at AS. However my teacher has predicted me a B. She has justified this by pointing out my assignments this year have been at C level. However I was achieving similair last year and I still managed to get an A. What made me more angry is that a girl who got a D grade last is predicted a B. I have suspected since the beginning of Year 12 that my teacher does not like me and this has confirmed it in my mind. Am I right to be furious or am I just going crazy ?
(edited 7 years ago)
happened to me aswell, just escalated it to your parents and they will adjust it. The teachers are just wastemen who are scared to talk to parents and they will just change it to whatever your parents say
Original post by zainyyyyy
happened to me aswell, just escalated it to your parents and they will adjust it. The teachers are just wastemen who are scared to talk to parents and they will just change it to whatever your parents say

Wow I bet your teachers love you.
Reply 3
That was what I am going to do this Monday, hopefully they change it
Original post by Stoke1863
I have recently been predicted my grades for my UCAS application. I have received a surprising prediction for History. I got a strong A grade level last year at AS. However my teacher has predicted me a B. She has justified this by pointing out my assignments this year have been at C level. However I was achieving similair last year and I still managed to get an A. What made me more angry is that a girl who got a D grade last is predicted a B. I have suspected since the beginning of Year 12 that my teacher does not like me and this has confirmed it in my mind. Am I right to be furious or am I just going crazy ?

It does sound rather silly, perhaps your teacher is favouriting others. I would say escalate it to someone like Head of 6th Form, or Headmaster. At the end of the day it's about your place at university.

I had to battle to get myself predicted an A, guess what, someone with the same grade as me for AS was predicted an A*, favouritism exists, and its time people stood up for themselves.

Fo toy think you should be predicted an A or A*?

You have decided because you are getting C's that she must have some vendetta against you? I would say complain and ask her if you can tell her the grade you want or you will take legal action.
end of the day id rather be disliked by teachers than get rejected from university. Also the teachers predicted me a terrible grade due to attendance and punctuality... im sure grades that i got at AS influence it more than attendance
Original post by 999tigger
Wow I bet your teachers love you.
Reply 7
Original post by MuhammadAS
It does sound rather silly, perhaps your teacher is favouriting others. I would say escalate it to someone like Head of 6th Form, or Headmaster. At the end of the day it's about your place at university.

I had to battle to get myself predicted an A, guess what, someone with the same grade as me for AS was predicted an A*, favouritism exists, and its time people stood up for themselves.

I have escalated it to the head of sixth form, who is usually in my corner, but hasn't backed me on it. He did suggest that I should show her why I should be predicted an A through my revision that I've created. I just think it's incredibly insulting how they believe I will actually regress, they've always tell how I'm not hard working which particularly annoys me
Reply 8
Fo toy think you should be predicted an A or A*?

You have decided because you are getting C's that she must have some vendetta against you? I would say complain and ask her if you can tell her the grade you want or you will take legal action.

I'll take it to the Supreme Court if I have to
end of the day id rather be disliked by teachers than get rejected from university. Also the teachers predicted me a terrible grade due to attendance and punctuality... im sure grades that i got at AS influence it more than attendance

Well it wont be long and then you will have left the school one way or another. Nightmare.
I have escalated it to the head of sixth form, who is usually in my corner, but hasn't backed me on it. He did suggest that I should show her why I should be predicted an A through my revision that I've created. I just think it's incredibly insulting how they believe I will actually regress, they've always tell how I'm not hard working which particularly annoys me

It sounds ludicrous, you obtained an A. I would understand if they applied the same system to everyone doing your subject - 1 below their AS - but they haven't. Honestly, I would say just try to persuade your teacher as your Head of 6th form has suggested, if that doesn't work, then I think go to the headmaster, or just bring some parental influence, it does go far when a parent brings your case to attention.
(edited 7 years ago)
didn't catch your drift

Well it wont be long and then you will have left the school one way or another. Nightmare.
This seems really unfair tbh
Reply 13
Original post by MuhammadAS
It sounds ludicrous, you obtained an A. I would understand if they applied the same system to everyone doing your subject - 1 below their AS - but they haven't. Honestly, I would say just try to persuade your teacher as your Head of 6th form has suggested, if that doesn't work, then I think go to the headmaster, or just bring some parental influence, it does go far when a parent brings your case to attention.

I know I sound stupid but I've always felt they've had a vendetta against me. The sixth form head did not appreciate it
I'll take it to the Supreme Court if I have to

You could organise a protest and get one of those sad picture faces in the Daily Mail. How dare she give you a predicted grade that you didnt like. An outrage. Will you be wanting them both fired as well?
I know I sound stupid but I've always felt they've had a vendetta against me. The sixth form head did not appreciate it

No, it isn't stupid. Some teachers severely lack professionalism, if that's the case bring your parents to the Headmaster. He will no doubt have to agree with you, and he will give a dressing down to those who are preventing you getting an A predicted. Sometimes it's necessary to use parents because some teachers think they can get away with favouritism, and as you've said you feel as though they have a "vendetta" against you, so go to the Headmaster, and sort things out. Teachers normally hate their headmasters, but they have to follow what they say. So, what difference will it make if you get your Headmaster to help you get an appropriate predicted grade? None really. Plus, I would say apply soon!

Quick Reply

Latest