The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Offer Holders 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by timster32
I'm an offer holder, I don't go to Manchester. I was speaking on behalf of the guy you were asking- he is doing yini.

oh wait so do u have an offer for chem eng yini? entry 2017 sept?
or something else
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I have an unconditional for Sep 2017, for a masters :colone: any other postgrads ?
Original post by Yahoogirl
would you mind giving me more detail about how it was like? for the yini? like what did you do, what kind of tests/exams you had in that year?

I'm only a first year but from what I gather if you do a year in industry you have two distant learning modules which you have exams in Jan...

Also a poster presentation, also site visit by an academic to see what you're doing. Also some sort of report which is essentially the dissertation you would be doing in year 4 but you do it in year 3 instead and then do a design project which other year 3 have done in year 3 in your year 4. Hopefully that makes sense.

This is roughly what it is like from what I have gathered.
(edited 7 years ago)
oh wait so do u have an offer for chem eng yini? entry 2017 sept?
or something else

Yes I have an offer for chem eng Yini for sept 2017 entry.
Original post by khanpatel321
I'm only a first year but from what I gather if you do a year in industry you have two distant learning modules which you have exams in Jan...

Also a poster presentation, also site visit by an academic to see what you're doing. Also some sort of report which is essentially the dissertation you would be doing in year 4 but you do it in year 3 instead and then do a design project which other year 3 have done in year 3 in your year 4. Hopefully that makes sense.

This is roughly what it is like from what I have gathered.

Ok, thanks very much for your help! I've got an offer for this september entry, was still kinda terrified that it's extremely difficult.
On another note, how is campus life like (teachers, teaching, tutorials, etcetc )? I also worry that i'd be disappointed with it?

Original post by timster32
Yes I have an offer for chem eng Yini for sept 2017 entry.

is manchester your first choice?
Ok, thanks very much for your help! I've got an offer for this september entry, was still kinda terrified that it's extremely difficult.
On another note, how is campus life like (teachers, teaching, tutorials, etcetc )? I also worry that i'd be disappointed with it?

is manchester your first choice?

No UCL is my first choice, Manchester is my insurance.
Course: Chemical Engineering BEng
Subjects: Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Chinese
Achieved Grades: A*AAA
Offer: Unconditional, Firm
:smile:
How long did it take you guys to get an offer?
Reply 28
Original post by Amefish

Surprisingly it only took me 3 days, despite my shaky academic history although this seems to be a bit of an anomaly because I know others wait much longer.
Original post by Amefish

I waited one month.
Original post by JaredzzC
Surprisingly it only took me 3 days, despite my shaky academic history although this seems to be a bit of an anomaly because I know others wait much longer.

Original post by T Jack Zhang
I waited one month.

Thanks guys, I submitted my application on the 9th of December and I'm still waiting for a response, but I guess the Christmas and NY holidays probably slowed it down too :smile:
Original post by Amefish
Thanks guys, I submitted my application on the 9th of December and I'm still waiting for a response, but I guess the Christmas and NY holidays probably slowed it down too :smile:

I submitted my application at 1st September, and received unconditional offer in early October. I guess the reason AO spent one month to give me offer probably is they were very busy in September, including admit students through clearing and adjustment. I firmed Manchester as my firm choice once I received offer.
Course: History and Politics
Subjects: Geog, History, Politics
Predicted: ABB
Offer: AAB
Course: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Subjects: Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
Predicted, respectively: A*AAA
Requirement: AAB
Offer: Conditional, AAB
Other universities I'm applying to: Imperial College[Interview- Rejection], Nottingham[Acceptance- AAA], Leeds[Accepatnce- AAA], Exeter[Acceptance- AAB]
Well, since Imperial is now out of the question, I'm seriously considering firming either Manchester or Nottingham. I'm more inclined towards Manchester because it's purely amazing :smile:. Still, any advice :smile:?
Wish you all the best of luck in your applications dudes and dudettes!!
Original post by AlchemistYazan
Course: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Subjects: Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
Predicted, respectively: A*AAA
Requirement: AAB
Offer: Conditional, AAB
Other universities I'm applying to: Imperial College[Interview- Rejection], Nottingham[Acceptance- AAA], Leeds[Accepatnce- AAA], Exeter[Acceptance- AAB]
Well, since Imperial is now out of the question, I'm seriously considering firming either Manchester or Nottingham. I'm more inclined towards Manchester because it's purely amazing :smile:. Still, any advice :smile:?
Wish you all the best of luck in your applications dudes and dudettes!!

Hi I received unconditional offer and firmed Manchester as my firm choice. I have achieved A*AAA and the programme which I applied is Chemical Engineering BEng (entry requirement is AAA). I think you may choose Manchester because its a wonderful place to study engineering and very reputable internationally. But I suggest you switch your programme into MEng which require AAA and choose Exeter as insurance. :smile:
Reply 35
Course: Computer Science and Mathematics
Subjects: Math, Physics, Computing, Literature, English
Predicted Grades: 55555 (Croatian applicant, Croatian Državna Matura grades)
Offer: Conditional, 554
Firm/Insurance(?): Since I'm now officially a pooled Cambridge reject (:frown:), considering firming UoM :smile:

If anyone else has an offer for CS or Maths, please message me :smile:
Reply 36
I am an international student, I have received a conditional offer for Law. If I get an offer from KCL then I'll make it my firm choice and choose UoM as my insurance choice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by T Jack Zhang
Hi I received unconditional offer and firmed Manchester as my firm choice. I have achieved A*AAA and the programme which I applied is Chemical Engineering BEng (entry requirement is AAA). I think you may choose Manchester because its a wonderful place to study engineering and very reputable internationally. But I suggest you switch your programme into MEng which require AAA and choose Exeter as insurance. :smile:

Hey, thank you so much for the advice! I might actually put Exeter as my insurance because from what I've heard, they're not that tough if you don't meet the requirements and might even give you a place if you're a near miss. As for my firm, I think I decided on Manchester but I'm sticking to BEng because I want to perform a masters in Renewable Energy, not EEE. Still, thank you very much for the prompy reply Jack :wink:!!
Original post by AlchemistYazan
Hey, thank you so much for the advice! I might actually put Exeter as my insurance because from what I've heard, they're not that tough if you don't meet the requirements and might even give you a place if you're a near miss. As for my firm, I think I decided on Manchester but I'm sticking to BEng because I want to perform a masters in Renewable Energy, not EEE. Still, thank you very much for the prompy reply Jack :wink:!!

No worries. :biggrin: It's terrific to study renewable energy after your bachelors. And Manchester have a programme which is MSc Renewable Energy and Clean Technology (link: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/masters/courses/list/09009/msc-renewable-energy-and-clean-technology/#course-profile ). This programme is run by School of EEE and I think there will be some big advantages when you apply if you finished your first degree in this school. And tuition fee is not so high, just slightly higher than one-year undergraduate fee.
Has anyone had an interview for Manchester? What was it like? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending