The Student Room Group

Riddle help

Hot drink spells blue sky for witches?
Reply 1
Where'd you find this riddle?
Did you hear this riddle in a programming lecture? Because that is where i heard it, therefore my interpretation is as follows:

Hot Drink Spells Blue Sky for Witches

Hot Drink = Java

Spells = Something to do with re-arranging letters

Blue Sky = generally denotes rarity or scarcity with cryptic puzzles.

For = in this case in combination with "spells blue sky" i think it is referring to the fourth letter of the word witches. The letter C. javac is the primary Java compiler included in the Java Development Kit from Oracle Corporation so it fits with the theme of your course.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Wouldn't you like to know... :-)
Original post by Shrek1234
Hot drink spells blue sky for witches?

So what's the answer after all? :angel:
queimada
Does anybody know the actual answer? If I don't get it this year I might cry
Original post by CervixPounder
Does anybody know the actual answer? If I don't get it this year I might cry

Where did you hear about the riddle? It might help to know the context.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Where did you hear about the riddle? It might help to know the context.

It's a yearly quiz from GSA-Capital, mostly pertaining to programming and logic. Each year the questions are the same, and usually require you to do a bit of programming to solve a problem, or to do some maths/statistics. There are daily prizes for solving each of the questions. However, for this riddle there is no context given - it might be that the answer is hidden somewhere within the website (only accessible with an account), but I've searched high and low and can't find anything.

I imagine "Hot drink spells blue sky for witches." is probably solved by word association (i.e. hot drink probably does mean Java in this context), but the rest is a bit of a mystery. This thread is one of the only things that shows up when you google the phrase, as well as a Reddit and 4chan post.

I've spent nights wide awake staring at my ceiling fan and weeping for the answer to this riddle. Finding the answer to this has been harder than getting my degree. I hope someone who's got the answer correct (they tell you at the end of the day if you are correct) will stumble upon this and enlighten us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending