The Student Room Group
Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website

university of Suffolk as good as they say it is?

im beginning to fill out my UCAS application and im making some pretty serious options. i have yet to go to an open day however ive heard great things about university of suffolk. it's closer to home (40 miles) the accommodation looks very modern with ensuite and its really affordable. ive been to Ipswich a countless times so im comfortable about the area. however ive wondering what the professors, students etc. are like? im thinking about doing the psychology and sociology course however im put off by the whole sociology aspect of it. anyone have any tips? my second choice was anglian ruskin in Cambridge but the accommodation is very very expensive.
Reply 1
Hi, I live around the Ipswich area and have visited the uni and been around the accomodation alot.
Its relatively new built and has had a lot of investment put into in. Accomodation is pretty great/ modern but obviously try and have a look round yourself. The town itself is definatley affordable and the location of the uni is pretty good too in an area thats just been under regeneration. Im not sure about the courses so have a look for that but in terms of other factors it seems pretty good!
Student visits the library, University Campus Suffolk
University of Suffolk
Ipswich
Visit website
Original post by pixyloo
im beginning to fill out my UCAS application and im making some pretty serious options. i have yet to go to an open day however ive heard great things about university of suffolk. it's closer to home (40 miles) the accommodation looks very modern with ensuite and its really affordable. ive been to Ipswich a countless times so im comfortable about the area. however ive wondering what the professors, students etc. are like? im thinking about doing the psychology and sociology course however im put off by the whole sociology aspect of it. anyone have any tips? my second choice was anglian ruskin in Cambridge but the accommodation is very very expensive.

Hey!

I understand you have some questions regarding the Psychology courses at the University of Suffolk? Here at the University of Suffolk we do offer a psychology course without the sociology (here's the link to the course information: https://www.uos.ac.uk/courses/ug/bsc-hons-psychology). But we do offer the course with sociology as well, here's the link: https://www.uos.ac.uk/courses/ug/bsc-hons-psychology-and-sociology

I'd suggest you come along to our open day on the 8th July to meet and speak with the professors/lecturers...we hope to see you there! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending