The Student Room Group

Staying Home vs. Living @ Uni

Scroll to see replies

To be honest you have to move out one day so why not now. It's good that toy want to Ingrate you seem like a fun girl so you should be able to fit in ok. On the social side if you really don't want to go clubbing (remember you don't have to drink) you don't have to there re always things like The
cinema or theater club or badminton or cos play or Skiing or harry potter application or Wicca or if you must even an Islam society (I am not
Islamic bit i overheard a bit of one of the meetings once seemed a bit stuck up) on the clubbing front try it on the first night you may enjoy it everyone goes out out the first night and you don't want to be that guy (or in this case girl) do you?
Original post by New- Emperor
To be honest you have to move out one day so why not now? It's good that you want to integrate; you seem like a fun girl so you should be able to fit in ok.
On the social side, if you really don't want to go clubbing (remember you don't have to drink) you don't have to go there always. There are things like the cinema or theater club or badminton or cosplay or Skiing or Harry Potter (application?) or Wicca or if you must even an Islamic society (I am not Islamic but i overheard a bit of one of the meetings once - seemed a bit stuck up.)
On the clubbing front, try it on the first night - you may enjoy it: everyone goes out out the first night and you don't want to be that guy that misses out (or in this case girl) do you?

In this case, I really don't want to be that girl :blushing::rofl: (I'm a guy btw :tongue:) I realise I may seem to be fretting over stuff like a gal (I'm not the sexist one, jus' sayin').

But I don't mind trying it out once - but from what I know, hot sweaty dancing with a lot of alcohol around is not my cup of tea, even if I'm not the one drinking. It's just the idea of going out and just dancing while getting wasted or just not joining in with the drink - I don't dance full. stop. :groovy:

What did you mean when you mentioned Harry Potter? *Ears pricked up at the mention of HP* :emo: That sounds cool. I'd enjoy sports as well.

But when it comes to 'nightlife' and going out in the evening, I think restaurants, cinema, bowling etc that kinda thing would suit me better.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BrainyBengali
I

What did you mean when you mentioned Harry Potter? *Ears pricked up at the mention of HP* :emo: That sounds cool. I'd enjoy sports as well.

But when it comes to 'nightlife' and going out in the evening, I think restaurants, cinema, bowling etc that kinda thing would suit me better.

There are society's that do things related to harry potter like quiddich (yep it a real sport)https://www.quidditchuk.org or just harry potter things like watching the films or going to the studio tour and things like that.

There are load of sports clubs at uni like skiing football basket ball and odd things like octopush just as a couple of examples. The thing you mention like Bowlng restraunts cinema sounds a lot like what the alcohol free society at one of my unis did.

There was a cinema society that often put on film nights and other things I don't know I didn't join but the film nights were fun watching things like James Bond in one of the lecture theatres on a big screen I think there was a fine dining son as well do bare in mind the sports clubs do often have social nights that involve clubbing if you plan to make friends it does help to attend these sometimes but as I say there is no pressure and it's up to you.

what ever you do make sure you have fun and honestly don't commute at least for the first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending