The Student Room Group

What ethnicity do people mistake you for?

Scroll to see replies

I'm Nigerian but I have often been mistaken for mixed race (a range of combinations) and i've been mistaken for ethiopian.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
There is no issue? What point are you trying to make?

"Another one :rolleyes:"

Obviously you had some issue :lol:
Original post by l'etranger

where did this myth that caucasian = european come from?

https://robertlindsay.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/tumblr_inline_n1hoaipntn1rabna6.png
Original post by AIDS Skrillex

It wasn't serious and I totally agree that caucasian is not European, I don't really believe that Janjaweed are totally caucasian though.
"Another one :rolleyes:"

Obviously you had some issue :lol:

Nah its just a thing that most somalis claim they look or are mistaken for bengali or yemeni. Its annoying cause 80% percent of the time its not true.Deep down i know they look something like this. So why lie for?
Indian. It annoys me sometimes
I'm Sri Lankan and get mistaken for being Muslim
Original post by l'etranger
It wasn't serious and I totally agree that caucasian is not European, I don't really believe that Janjaweed are totally caucasian though.

Certainly not fully caucasian, actually only Sardinians and Basques are as close to pure caucasian as you can get

These people clearly aren't "black" (as in negroid) http://www.channel4.com//news/media/current_affairs/unreported_world/darfur_main.jpg
I'm 1/2 English and 1/2 Irish but I've been mistaken for every country in Western Europe. Don't really care tho I just laugh and tell them the truth
Girl here

I've been mistaken for a lot of ethnicities: Indian, Pakistani, Latino, Filipino, Malaysian, English, Spanish, Turkish, Greek, Italian, and a few more

I am Persian lol
Certainly not fully caucasian, actually only Sardinians and Basques are as close to pure caucasian as you can get

These people clearly aren't "black" (as in negroid) http://www.channel4.com//news/media/current_affairs/unreported_world/darfur_main.jpg

They look 50% Black with the guy on the right looking Semitic.
Original post by Anonymous
Girl here

I've been mistaken for a lot of ethnicities: Indian, Pakistani, Latino, Filipino, Malaysian, English, Spanish, Turkish, Greek, Italian, and a few more

I am Persian lol

And I've noticed people would suggest countries based on where they are from

Indians on most occasions think I'm Indian or ask if I'm part Indian etc etc
Original post by Anonymous
I'm Sri Lankan and get mistaken for being Muslim

:facepalm:
I'm Somali as well but I've gotten mistaken for Bengali, Arab, mixed race and even Brazilian which was pretty random
I'm black af so I can't relate
Original post by amiwammi
I'm Somali as well but I've gotten mistaken for Bengali, Arab, mixed race and even Brazilian which was pretty random

Another one :rolleyes:

@PrincessBO$$
Another one :rolleyes:

@PrincessBO$$

lol you've never seen me so who are you to judge. Plus i didn't say i looked like either of those it's just what other people have told me.
Original post by amiwammi
lol you've never seen me so who are you to judge. Plus i didn't say i looked like either of those it's just what other people have told me.

warya shut up
warya shut up

Great manners you have there :smile:
Vincentian but I get Ethiopian/Eritrean

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending