The Student Room Group

What is A-Level computer science like?

If I were to take it, (edexcel a-level) what should I expect in terms of theory and code?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by BlueNova42
If I were to take it, (edexcel a-level) what should I expect in terms of theory and code?

Hi, I am currently taking the AQA Computer Science A-Level, but all of the A-Level boards teach the same stuff. Just a little bit of prior information, I took the AQA GCSE -> AQA AS-Level -> AQA A-Level

It is quite an even split between programming and theory. AQA A-Level is split into two exams, the first is programming/theory and the second is all theory. (I'm guessing Edexcel is the same)

The most important thing to know is that when it comes to exams, they are more interested in if you understand the theory behind the programming. For example, AQA like to focus on why a specific programming technique/data structure was used.

The most important aspect of the Computer Science A-Level is the theory, if you understand the theory, you will do well.

If you don't mind, I could help more if you answered these questions:

Are you doing your AS-Level or GCSE's at the moment? Also, have you done any programming before?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending