Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I were to take it, (edexcel a-level) what should I expect in terms of theory and code?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueNova42)
    If I were to take it, (edexcel a-level) what should I expect in terms of theory and code?
    Hi, I am currently taking the AQA Computer Science A-Level, but all of the A-Level boards teach the same stuff. Just a little bit of prior information, I took the AQA GCSE -> AQA AS-Level -> AQA A-Level

It is quite an even split between programming and theory. AQA A-Level is split into two exams, the first is programming/theory and the second is all theory. (I'm guessing Edexcel is the same)

The most important thing to know is that when it comes to exams, they are more interested in if you understand the theory behind the programming. For example, AQA like to focus on why a specific programming technique/data structure was used.

The most important aspect of the Computer Science A-Level is the theory, if you understand the theory, you will do well.

If you don't mind, I could help more if you answered these questions:

Are you doing your AS-Level or GCSE's at the moment? Also, have you done any programming before?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 10, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.