The Student Room Group

Computer science admission into Stanford as UK student

Im a UK Year 12 student taking 4 A-levels and an EPQ, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Spanish. My main goal is to get into Stanford University Computer science course, I was wandering what would be the steps into getting in to that course as a very strong canidate. I was going to base my EPQ and coursework for my computer science course on AI. and was aiming to get two A stars probably will be in computer science and Economics and two A's in Spanish and Math's. I wanted to know if that would be enough to get in. Or if i should work more or idk. Also what would be the steps in applying to Stanford i dont want to apply next year as want to take a gap year to go and do a culinary course in another country. and if i Had any B's to resit the exams and get it to an A. I want to know if any other people here got into any top american unis and what grades did they get etc. should i maybe start a society or something like what would be good advice or literal stes into getting in as im very adhd and prefer that. Thanks
Original post by mrc.casanovas
Im a UK Year 12 student taking 4 A-levels and an EPQ, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Spanish. My main goal is to get into Stanford University Computer science course, I was wandering what would be the steps into getting in to that course as a very strong canidate. I was going to base my EPQ and coursework for my computer science course on AI. and was aiming to get two A stars probably will be in computer science and Economics and two A's in Spanish and Math's. I wanted to know if that would be enough to get in. Or if i should work more or idk. Also what would be the steps in applying to Stanford i dont want to apply next year as want to take a gap year to go and do a culinary course in another country. and if i Had any B's to resit the exams and get it to an A. I want to know if any other people here got into any top american unis and what grades did they get etc. should i maybe start a society or something like what would be good advice or literal stes into getting in as im very adhd and prefer that. Thanks
Hello @mrc.casanovas

It's great to see that you have such a clear idea of what you would like to do after your A-levels. My suggestion would be to contact your college or school's careers department, as they will be able to give you personalised advice. You may also find it useful to contact Standford's admissions department to see what advice they are able to share, if you are sure you want to study there.

I also would like to share our computer science study guide, as this may be helpful for you as you prepare for a degree in Computer Science. This guide has information about career prospects, salary expectations and advice on how to best prepare for a degree in Computer Science. You can read it here - https://bit.ly/3TrrFLd

I hope that this is helpful to you!

Thanks,

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending