The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by k.russell
nice, is that OCR?

Yeah, OCR MF1 (I think its called). M3 was a ***** though, but I actually managed to finish the paper, unlike several of the other offer holders at school
Original post by an_atheist
Yeah, OCR MF1 (I think its called). M3 was a ***** though, but I actually managed to finish the paper, unlike several of the other offer holders at school

Yeah I remember several people complaining about it in a FB group of natsci offer holders, something about a new mechanics examiner and how every question was non-standard. Sounds like you did much better than average though!
Original post by k.russell
Yeah I remember several people complaining about it in a FB group of natsci offer holders, something about a new mechanics examiner and how every question was non-standard. Sounds like you did much better than average though!

Hopefully. Didnt know there was a new examiner, that would explain an awful lot since the questions were very different to every past paper (I did all of them, probably not the only one too).
Original post by SteamboatMickey
After that History exam I don't think I'm getting my A* for Cambridge :tongue:

Ohhh bless you. Don't feel alone, I had the most DREADFUL exam on Monday (tears - the works) . I have one left in that subject to save me from a B/C I just don't see how I can get an A much less an A* 😕🙄. Hello Birmingham Uni 🤗
Reply 3144
:frown:

What's wrong? :frown:

:frown: :console:
Reply 3147
Original post by Steliata
What's wrong? :frown:

I think I just ruined my last chance of getting into Cambridge

In fact I know I have
Well, that's that. Exams done. I don't think I've done enough, but it's decided now.
Original post by Obiejess
Well, that's that. Exams done. I don't think I've done enough, but it's decided now.

Congrats on finishing :smile: We can all only hope now!
Original post by solC
I think I just ruined my last chance of getting into Cambridge

In fact I know I have

Don't be pessimistic :/ :console:
If it's any condolence I'm also definitely not getting my Cambridge grades

You also should not be pessimistic ok :hugs: :console:
Original post by blazing11
Ohhh bless you. Don't feel alone, I had the most DREADFUL exam on Monday (tears - the works) . I have one left in that subject to save me from a B/C I just don't see how I can get an A much less an A* 😕🙄. Hello Birmingham Uni 🤗

Forgive me if I'm wrong, are you on about the RS exam?

At least you're finished with exams, you can unwind and relax now.

Did you feel similar after you finished GCSEs? I dont think you need to worry that much anyway; getting an offer from Oxbridge puts you in the top couple of percent of students nationally (once you include the ones that done apply/got rejected)
(edited 6 years ago)
I don't think I've done well enough to meet my offer, but at least it's all over. I hope everyone is doing okay!
Original post by blazing11

Aww, hope you've cheered up a little bit since then. It's horrible when you sit and cry (Happened in a maths one last week) in an exam, especially when you know how hard you've worked. What grades do you need for Birmingham?

I would say try to stay positive but I haven't even finished yet and I've given up all hope.

Same

TBH I've even given up on AAB for my insurance choice (Nottingham)...
Original post by an_atheist
At least you're finished with exams, you can unwind and relax now.

Did you feel similar after you finished GCSEs? I dont think you need to worry that much anyway; getting an offer from Oxbridge puts you in the top couple of percent of students nationally (once you include the ones that done apply/got rejected)

Nah I felt good after gcses. I felt like this after my English AS last year though and I was right, got a B. Insurance is AAA so I've not made this easy for myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah I felt good after gcses. I felt like this after my English AS last year though and I was right, got a B. Insurance is AAA so I've not made this easy for myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm hoping grade boundaries are really low this year - not felt this bad since English AS either (I dropped it having got a C) - my insurance is AAB....

What Uni is your insurance at?
Original post by gingerboyben
Forgive me if I'm wrong, are you on about the RS exam?

I am 😑

Latest

Trending

Trending