The Student Room Group

To commute or not to commute? (second year)

Hey
So I'm a first year atm and having a mixed experience- got good friends but I have been getting very lonely and unhappy about living away. At one point I missed a few weeks of uni because of it D:
So I realise this is something I need to live and learn. but I've got the rest of first year to do that.

Here's the thing- my boyfriend is going to be moving back to my hometown (we've been 200 miles away this year) which is an hour from my uni. We're thinking about getting a flat together and I could commute to uni.

Financially I can afford it, and I think I can use the journey to do reading and work- I think I'll focus more and get better grades as I will be forced to spend time in the library.

I have lots of friends in both cities and since I'll be living with my bf will never have no one to go out with. I can always stay over at someones place I think.

Also, if we do fall out or break up I can easily go home or move out, so that's not really an issue

I'm most likely going to go for it, but thought maybe I could get advice or opinions :smile:
How far is the commute?

If it's an hour, it won't be so bad.
Reply 2
One hour train journey :smile: obvs it'd be a bit more getting to and from the stations but that doesn't bother me too much I don't think.
Reply 3
Should also add, on occasions I want to stay but don't have anyone who can put me up for the night I'm happy to book a hotel (for example if I have a 9am exam 😜 As I do this Saturday hahaha)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending