The Student Room Group

My debet card have been hacked

Basically, I have £100 unrecognized transaction, I print out the bank statement, another 4 unrecognized transaction appear, 2 was for London congestion road charge when I don't even have a car or driving license!!!! I change the pin immediately, then I have to go through investigation, few days ago I recieved a letter from the bank saying one of the transaction paid in London for gelato ice cream was mine, the shop knows my detail, guys that's terrifying because on 29/11/2016 I was in the school, now I am going to pay for that £10 bloody ice cream. The bank don't even bother tell the police to arrest this person when bank have his addresse as this person have spend 100 pound on online shopping. This is crime/fraud, but bank would not even care, hopefully this would not happen to anyone again.
Original post by 5zaiyingguo
Basically, I have £100 unrecognized transaction, I print out the bank statement, another 4 unrecognized transaction appear, 2 was for London congestion road charge when I don't even have a car or driving license!!!! I change the pin immediately, then I have to go through investigation, few days ago I recieved a letter from the bank saying one of the transaction paid in London for gelato ice cream was mine, the shop knows my detail, guys that's terrifying because on 29/11/2016 I was in the school, now I am going to pay for that £10 bloody ice cream. The bank don't even bother tell the police to arrest this person when bank have his addresse as this person have spend 100 pound on online shopping. This is crime/fraud, but bank would not even care, hopefully this would not happen to anyone again.

Which bank are you with?
Reply 2
Have you cancelled your card? I would do that rather than just change your PIN as they can still buy things online. It's strange that the bank have said that, from people that I know that this has happened to they've always been really good at refunding things. Maybe try to chase them up again, I don't understand how the shop told them that it was you using the card?
Original post by 5zaiyingguo

Just make an official complaint.
Did your card not get cancelled? Because that's what happened to me. They don't need your pin to buy things online.
Try writing to your bank initially, carefully outlining why you cannot have done the various transactions. If they ignore it, re send the letter 10 days later with a new introduction saying you've had no response to the following letter...
This is what confuses me. I've had my debit card used by someone other than me. My bank cancelled my card for me and issued me a new one. I was also asked questions like did I write down my pin (no) and did I go to the police. (no)

It got sorted, I had to sign something, I was given some money to tide me over, my card was canelled and I was sent a new card.
Reply 7
Original post by Rock Fan
Which bank are you with?

damn lloyds bank
Reply 8
Original post by Tiger Rag
Did your card not get cancelled? Because that's what happened to me. They don't need your pin to buy things online.

bank told me to send them a disclaim that i agree to destroy the card,so 4 days ago i got a new card.
hopefully this whole things could stop now
Reply 9
cuz i only had 150 pound at that time,kind of lucky that i did not put everything in there:redface:
Reply 10
Original post by Tiger Rag
This is what confuses me. I've had my debit card used by someone other than me. My bank cancelled my card for me and issued me a new one. I was also asked questions like did I write down my pin (no) and did I go to the police. (no)

It got sorted, I had to sign something, I was given some money to tide me over, my card was canelled and I was sent a new card.

Yours should be alright. my one is kind of different,it just the shop told bank they have every detail about me( my card number and pin etc)so i am still going through the invesitigation.
but I download the bank app, so now i keep eyes on my money 24 hours,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending