The Student Room Group

ucas

Do I have to declare uncertificated grades on UCAS? Originally I thought you had to declare all public examinations taken, but I messaged UCAS today and they said only certificated exams have to be declared
Original post by gooner1010
Do I have to declare uncertificated grades on UCAS? Originally I thought you had to declare all public examinations taken, but I messaged UCAS today and they said only certificated exams have to be declared

You can ONLY declare certified grades.

But certified doesn't mean "grade you have a certificate for" - it means grades where your exams officer entered you for certification when the results came out. So if you have a results slip with an overall AS or A level grade then that grade WAS certified and must be declared (even if your exam centre didn't give you a certificate for it).
Reply 2

This is a question that many many people ask every year and nobody knows the true answer. It depends on who you ask.

The general consensus is that you must declare all grades, even a U.

However, it would seem that omitting this information would not get you into trouble if you showed the university the message from UCAS stating you don't need to declare U grades.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
You can ONLY declare certified grades.

But certified doesn't mean "grade you have a certificate for" - it means grades where your exams officer entered you for certification when the results came out. So if you have a results slip with an overall AS or A level grade then that grade WAS certified and must be declared (even if your exam centre didn't give you a certificate for it).

Is this the case for gcses aswell? Say for example in the original attempt I got a higher grade and in the second attempt i got a lower grade, will I have to declare both grades or just the highest one considering it a gcse?
Is this the case for gcses aswell? Say for example in the original attempt I got a higher grade and in the second attempt i got a lower grade, will I have to declare both grades or just the highest one considering it a gcse?

Both grades were certified - both grades have to be declared.

Universities are used to seeing multiple attempts at an exam and will look for the highest grade.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Both grades were certified - both grades have to be declared.

Universities are used to seeing multiple attempts at an exam and will look for the highest grade.

So if I was entered for the exam but didn't end up sitting the exam will i have to declare it?
So if I was entered for the exam but didn't end up sitting the exam will i have to declare it?

If the exam was set up to be certified (which it usually will be) then yes.

Quick Reply

Latest