The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Transition elements-it was a good paper and helped for some of the questions in the T&P paper.
Reply 2
Mark123
Transition elements-it was a good paper and helped for some of the questions in the T&P paper.

Same here, but i hated it, the only module i got a B on :confused: i got an A in all the rest :smile:
Reply 3
transition elements- wanted to do biochemistry as i also do biology A level, which im better so wud have prob dun better on it!
Reply 4
hihihihi
What's (was) your option module for A2 OCR chemistry
mine's Biochemistry which is good as we've done some of it in AS biology.

I did Methods of Analysis and Detection. (which covers the spectroscopy stuff but in more depth and other stuff too, of course! lol) It's quite straightforward in that I could understand it and easily do the textbook questions and the past exam questions but, lol, when it came to the exam this summer, I found it quite hard. :confused: I was like damn. lol I think the bad thing with MOAAD is that it's a relatively new topic so there weren't vast numbers of past papers we could actually look at. 3/4 papers was certainly limited, I thought. lol.

Biochem was what everyone else did, because they were also biologists so it made sense to do it.
I did Methods of Analysis and Detection too. I thought the topic was pretty good actually, as was the exam. I felt it went well. I think its a good module to do because you can get 8 marks on the easiest thing, which is looking at nmr, IR and mass spec's and working out what the compound is. It is covered in Chains, Rings and Spec so there is nothing really difficult at all about it.

I hate biochem so I'm glad we don't do that at my school! Did some in Biology AS and it was awful!
Reply 6
I did environmental chemistry. I never would have chosen it because it doesn't interest me in the slightest. I didn't have a choice though.

Latest

Trending

Trending