The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

musicboy
but imagine if you lost it down the sink

MB
I think you'd be slightly more careful with your loved ones than to dangle the jewellery made from their remains above a sink.

I think it's a really nice idea, I just wish the gems looked a bit prettier - blue diamonds would be lovely, or colourless diamonds - yellow looks a bit plasticy though. If they did look nicer, I'd probably ask mom if I could have it done with my dad's ashes. It's a nice thought that they could last for eternity like that.
Reply 21
musicboy
but imagine if you lost it down the sink

MB

Lol. I wouldn't do that. I don't lose anything that is precious to me.

But if it so happened - then poopidy poo...oh well!
I'd so sell it, probably make a few quid.

It's a nice idea I guess, if you're into that sort of thing. :rolleyes: I'd never get made into a ring as tbh it sounds like it's not you getting made into a ring, it's the flames that set you alight that are. Ugh...
Reply 23
musicboy
BBC news story about what to do with cremated remains - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3544076.stm

MB

yeah? i thought of this (albeit in jest) ages ago!
Reply 24
happysunshine
I'd so sell it, probably make a few quid.
I highly doubt it is a cheap thing to do and I don't think you'd be able to sell it for enough to make a profit!
Mrs Tandy's £2,250 pale yellow diamond was the first produced by the company.
Reply 25
when my grandmother died I had a ring made with a garnet in it (her birthstone) and I like the idea of having something to reming me of her close to me.

I don't think I'd like to have a ring made from her ashes though.
Reply 26
musicboy
BBC news story about what to do with cremated remains - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3544076.stm

MB

They had a few at the Museum of Australia, its what im doing to my parents.
musicboy
but someone else might dig them up and wear them.

MB

it would be fine until you dropped it down the sink or lost it on the beach....
:rolleyes:

EDIT: oh sorry- old thread *cowers* please don't hurt me :eek:
Reply 28
I think it's kind of a cool idea actually
ThornsnRoses
something to remember your daddy by...although i wouldnt want to remember him as a rock!

quite appropriate seeing as he was a geologist!

Latest

Trending

Trending