The Student Room Group

camp america application

in the question on what will make you a good staff member, how do i phrase that i like children. no matter how i phrase it it just sounds really creepy lmao
Reply 1
Talk about things about children you like eg their imagination and creativity, how they provide insight and ask questions about things you have never thought about. Children can teach adults so much about our outlook in life and how open minded they are. I love working with them for all these reasons, they make you seriously consider things and generally even on your worst days can bring you up (unless they are rat bags that is aha)
Reply 2
Original post by ALEreapp
Talk about things about children you like eg their imagination and creativity, how they provide insight and ask questions about things you have never thought about. Children can teach adults so much about our outlook in life and how open minded they are. I love working with them for all these reasons, they make you seriously consider things and generally even on your worst days can bring you up (unless they are rat bags that is aha)

This.
Original post by rycbar.123
in the question on what will make you a good staff member, how do i phrase that i like children. no matter how i phrase it it just sounds really creepy lmao

Hiya! :smile:

I have spent this summer working at a summer camp in America, so if you would like to know something, I will gladly share some insight!

Where are you applying? I was in Wisconsin.

You can definitely phrase it in a way that it does not sound creepy. For example, you could mention that you have siblings or young children in your family and you always get pleasure out of spending time with them in a creative and active way. Adding that, you have been the one family member who has always been in charge of taking care of them and that is why you are very comfortable about being responsible for children as well as creating a fun environment for them.

I hope it is helpful! Fingers crossed for your application :smile: Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. You can also chat with me and other students through The Ambassador Platform.

Take care,

Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest