Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all i have an issue, i lost my gcse certificates years ago after we left home due to Domestic Violence. The uni have asked to see them. I called the school and they said they dont keep records past 5 years. How screwed am i?

    Not very imo. Call the Uni up, tell 'em you have 'extenuating circumstances' and explain. Hopefully they'll be sympathetic and try to confirm your grades another way (you could suggest them contacting the exam boards directly?)

    Good luck

    I believe you can order them from the exam boards website as they keep records for you? I remember looking briefly at AQA and you can order them but might be quite expensive

    Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.