Any tips on what to research?

Any scenario based questions?
Original post by BrightSmile_:)
Has anyone had any nursing interview?
Any offers?
How did you find the interview?

hey =] i've had my nursing interviews! I havent had any offers yet though =[ I found the actual interviews fine however the assessments made me break a sweat! I would do your maths revision as well as look up the NMC code and general nhs core values, read any reports you may have been given prior to the interview as you may be asked to write a piece about it, look up healthcare and nursing issues within the news and social media etc.

How has your application gone so far?
Reply 2
Hi Brightsmile :smile:

I had interviews at Worcester, Wolverhampton and Birmingham City. I've had offers from BCU and Wolverhampton. BCU is my firm :smile:

I think researching what an adult/child/mental health nurse actually does and the qualities/attributes they have, is important. Think about the branch you're applying for and why that particular branch over the others. 6C's is super important to know as there may be questions on when you've been particularly compassionate/competent etc.

If you have entry tests then I would recommend brushing up on percentages/ratios/decimals - I'm so glad I did.

Message if you need any help, and good luck! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any offers?

Hey! I have offers for bcu, Wolverhampton, Worcester and Coventry.. bcu I have chosen for my firm choice! What about you? I would recommend brushing up on maths! The group interview is easy, and the face to face interview is not too bad either, questions about why you want to do it, what you think the role is, what makes you a good candidate, and a few questions about high quality care (I.E. 6 c's) xx
i have an interview at dundee.. anyone got any tips?
Reply 5
Original post by Littlepeg
Hi Brightsmile :smile:

I had interviews at Worcester, Wolverhampton and Birmingham City. I've had offers from BCU and Wolverhampton. BCU is my firm :smile:

I think researching what an adult/child/mental health nurse actually does and the qualities/attributes they have, is important. Think about the branch you're applying for and why that particular branch over the others. 6C's is super important to know as there may be questions on when you've been particularly compassionate/competent etc.

If you have entry tests then I would recommend brushing up on percentages/ratios/decimals - I'm so glad I did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, what branch have you applied for? How was the BCU interview?
Reply 6
Original post by Kirstywarren
Hey! I have offers for bcu, Wolverhampton, Worcester and Coventry.. bcu I have chosen for my firm choice! What about you? I would recommend brushing up on maths! The group interview is easy, and the face to face interview is not too bad either, questions about why you want to do it, what you think the role is, what makes you a good candidate, and a few questions about high quality care (I.E. 6 c's) xx

Hey, what branch have you applied for? How was the BCU interview?
Any offers?

@BrightSmile_ [s]smile[/s] Hi babes, I have an unconditional offer from LSBU, the interview was MMI, it was great, very enjoyable, I made myself known and spoke the truth and stayed true to myself and did the best I could.

In terms of interview preparation, I would say firstly relax and don't let your nerves define you as a person. Yes we are all humans and nerves are natural but go into your interview with enthusiasm and a clear open mind.

Easier said than done right! Well here's some news for you. My first interview was the hardest one because I didn't know what to expect but when I sat my literacy and numeracy test I did the best I could to the best of my knowledge and ability. That's all we can do right! When I got through to interview stage I was over the moon and I knew It wasn't over yet I still had to prove myself.

Depending on the course you have applied for, I would advise you to research the role of a nurse/ midwife/ ODP and know it enough to answer any question about the subject and use your transferable skills and personal qualities and skills. Research the specific skills, qualities and personality of your chosen career. Look at what's going in the media for instance shortage of beds in many hospitals at the moment what are the implications of this on patients/ staff, the local community for instance. Know your subject inside and out. They are not expecting you to be an expert but it's useful to know and understand the demands and pressures of a nurse/ midwife and so on.

Another thing every university is different some will adopt a traditional interview style/ group exercise or an MMI - multiple mini interview or selection days. It's useful to know which style you will have to attend. Think about the questions you might be asked and situations that you might encounter working in the healthcare environment. Youtube is a good source or Google for looking for common interview techniques or questions.

And finally be compassionate and show that you can see the world in someone else's eyes.
Original post by hannolan
Hey, what branch have you applied for? How was the BCU interview?

Hey mine Ian for adult nursing, bcu is ok, just long process of maths and English then a group discussion and then one To one intevriew, But I found their intevriew pretty straightforward, no hard questions! Do you have an intevriew for bcu x
Reply 9
Original post by Kirstywarren
Hey mine Ian for adult nursing, bcu is ok, just long process of maths and English then a group discussion and then one To one intevriew, But I found their intevriew pretty straightforward, no hard questions! Do you have an intevriew for bcu x

Ah ok thanks, I've applied for child and have an interview on the 28th of Feb!!
Hi was your interview for child nursing at Wolverhampton. How long did it take for them to get back? I had mines 1st feb still waiting. Nervous 😓

QUOTE=Littlepeg;69994460]Hi Brightsmile :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannolan
Ah ok thanks, I've applied for child and have an interview on the 28th of Feb!!

Ahh good luck! Not sure about how the child nursing interview is, sure you'll be fine! Xx
I applied to CCU for Adult Nursing at the beginning of Jan, Interview middle of Jan and unconditional offer on valentines day!

The interview I found pretty intense, there was a lot of waiting around :frown:
We did the lit and maths test in the morning, tour of campus and then in the afternoon we were split in two groups for interviews. They offered interviews to people that lived further away, because I live local I was one of the last so I had an hour of two of twiddling my thumbs and overthinking xD

The group interview I felt went really well. I came out of my shell, It also helped that I spoke to the people in our group before hand and each one had the same fear of being spoken over so once in the interview we all helped each other out.

the second stage of interviews were the MMI's. Two stations we competency based, one was role play and one scenario. This stage of interviews I felt I completely fluffed it. Drove home in tears and felt so rubbish.

Valentines day I recieved conformation from UCAS that I'd been offered a place!! Two days later and it still hasnt sunk in :biggrin::biggrin:

As for tips I def recommened researching The 5 C's, Nursing Code of Practise, Person Centered care is a big one. Stay calm, be confident :smile:
Original post by gemmalnunn
I applied to CCU for Adult Nursing at the beginning of Jan, Interview middle of Jan and unconditional offer on valentines day!

The interview I found pretty intense, there was a lot of waiting around :frown:
We did the lit and maths test in the morning, tour of campus and then in the afternoon we were split in two groups for interviews. They offered interviews to people that lived further away, because I live local I was one of the last so I had an hour of two of twiddling my thumbs and overthinking xD

The group interview I felt went really well. I came out of my shell, It also helped that I spoke to the people in our group before hand and each one had the same fear of being spoken over so once in the interview we all helped each other out.

the second stage of interviews were the MMI's. Two stations we competency based, one was role play and one scenario. This stage of interviews I felt I completely fluffed it. Drove home in tears and felt so rubbish.

Valentines day I recieved conformation from UCAS that I'd been offered a place!! Two days later and it still hasnt sunk in :biggrin::biggrin:

As for tips I def recommened researching The 5 C's, Nursing Code of Practise, Person Centered care is a big one. Stay calm, be confident :smile:

@gemmalnunn Congratulations on your offer, will you accept and have this as your firm choice? :smile:
Original post by nelfran29
@gemmalnunn Congratulations on your offer, will you accept and have this as your firm choice? :smile:

Thank you! I still can't believe it, second time lucky! All confirmed and currently going through the dbs process and sorting student finance :biggrin:
Original post by gemmalnunn
Thank you! I still can't believe it, second time lucky! All confirmed and currently going through the dbs process and sorting student finance :biggrin:
f

Which intake is your course for honey?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending