The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Mcgill or Sheffield vs Leeds?

I have recently been accepted to Mcgill in Canada but also to the universities of Leeds, Sheffield, Cardiff and Manchester. For the UK I was hesitating between Leeds and Sheffield but I didn't expect to get accepted to Mcgill so now I'm reconsidering my choice. Having a French citizenship, I don't much problems with the costs of both UK and Mcgill university (Mcgill is in fact cheaper for me).

I was wondering if someone could tell me their opinion on that matter.

Should I give Mcgill a try?
I did visit the university last summer and the campus looked nice.

If you can't answer that, could someone tell me their opinion on Sheffield or Leeds? Which one do you think might be better? What is your experience?

Thank you
Original post by Claire2017
I have recently been accepted to Mcgill in Canada but also to the universities of Leeds, Sheffield, Cardiff and Manchester. For the UK I was hesitating between Leeds and Sheffield but I didn't expect to get accepted to Mcgill so now I'm reconsidering my choice. Having a French citizenship, I don't much problems with the costs of both UK and Mcgill university (Mcgill is in fact cheaper for me).

I was wondering if someone could tell me their opinion on that matter.

Should I give Mcgill a try?
I did visit the university last summer and the campus looked nice.

If you can't answer that, could someone tell me their opinion on Sheffield or Leeds? Which one do you think might be better? What is your experience?

Thank you

What do you want to study? I imagine the degree/module options will be different in Canada - does the McGill degree interest you?

If it were me, and the McGill degree interested me, I'd go to McGill. McGill is much more prestigious than Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester and Cardiff; Montreal is a nicer city, and the work and internship opportunities will probably be better.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest