Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm new here. I've applied to some unis in England and have finally decided on 2. I've gotten conditional offers from both Newcastle and Portsmouth.

I'm an international student so I'm not too sure which to pick. I've applied for a Bsc in psychology with a placement year. I'm just not sure which uni would be a better option. based on the surroundings, the people, the fees and the overall course content, which uni would you suggest? Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm stumped and any day now I will have to give my firm and insurance.

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle is known to be more reputable than portsmouth and have better student life (bars, clubs etc) and it's definitely cheaper. They're either ends of the country and the north is cheaper to live but tends to have worse weather. Not sure about the course or fees.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it Newcastle or Northumbria university?

Newcastle has a better reputation and ranking (http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...s?s=psychology ). The city is great too, not sure how it compares to portsmouth.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate the quick reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much. And it's Newcastle university

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.