The Student Room Group

Civil Service Finance/Commercial Fast Stream 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Outrigger
The advice above seems sensible. Regarding question 2, I am still "Awaiting Results" and I know I got one question "wrong" (because I didn't answer it) but I felt fairly happy about all but one of my other answers (as in each time I calculated an available answer) so either the initial passmark is 95-100% or (far more likely) I got the wrong end of the stick on at least some (but not too many) of my other questions. In any case I don't think it's particularly important now what the initial pass mark is, as the final mark will be decided in mid April anyway (maybe in the next week or so?) once the final few people get their FSAC passes and sit the numerical test.

I could however imagine that the initial mark is super high as the CS could reasonably argue that anyone achieving that and a good FSAC score is a shoe in. I don't know how the costs of numerical tests are worked out but I have wondered whether setting the numerical tests concurrently with FSAC eligibility may have been a better choice, particularly if they want to speed up the process.

Hey, the person that posted just before you mentioned there not being enough time to answer all questions,
1. did you not have enough time to answer all questions?

2. How long did you aim to spend on each question for 20 questions in 25 minutes?
Original post by tech-storm
Hey, the person that posted just before you mentioned there not being enough time to answer all questions,
1. did you not have enough time to answer all questions?

2. How long did you aim to spend on each question for 20 questions in 25 minutes?

I did have enough time (just) and I kept an eye on the time to see how I was doing roughly.
I did have enough time (just) and I kept an eye on the time to see how I was doing roughly.

I did the test earlier today, if I am over the immediate pass mark or below the minimum mark, how long will they take to get back to me do you think?
Original post by tech-storm
I did the test earlier today, if I am over the immediate pass mark or below the minimum mark, how long will they take to get back to me do you think?

Not sure - it's an automatic scoring procedure though so I guess it could be very quick if you have made the immediate cutoffs.
So I asked about when the numerical test mark will be revised and I was told that they will revise it both this week and then a final time at the end of April. So some of us should find out before Easter hopefully!

I was pretty confident that I scored well as well, but then again it appears a lot of people feel the same way. Perhaps the pass mark will be super higher and only the top scores will be selected - and how many may depends on their quota. Just a thought.

Also, out of interest - was the FIFS/CFS your first choice after the FSAC? It was my second - but as of yesterday it has technically become my first (failed PDFSB). Still awaiting results though...
Original post by ThickSkin
I was pretty confident that I scored well as well, but then again it appears a lot of people feel the same way. Perhaps the pass mark will be super higher and only the top scores will be selected - and how many may depends on their quota. Just a thought.

Also, out of interest - was the FIFS/CFS your first choice after the FSAC? It was my second - but as of yesterday it has technically become my first (failed PDFSB). Still awaiting results though...

Finance is my first choice (post video interview). According to the info I got from parity there will be another refinement of the pass mark sometime this week and a final pass mark set at the end of April. I expect that first one was super high because a lot of FSACs were still to be completed, and this next pass mark should give us a good idea of our chances.
Finance is my first choice (post video interview). According to the info I got from parity there will be another refinement of the pass mark sometime this week and a final pass mark set at the end of April. I expect that first one was super high because a lot of FSACs were still to be completed, and this next pass mark should give us a good idea of our chances.

Keep me posted if you here back, I'll do the same
Keep me posted if you here back, I'll do the same

Will do!
Will do!

There has been a revision, I found out I passed this morning!

Thanks for the update! Mine came through as well! So pleased! Well done to you as well.
Well Done both of you!!!!
Did they tell you your results? Just to get an idea what the pass mark is set ato for the moment?
Original post by smillie_shaped
Well Done both of you!!!!
Did they tell you your results? Just to get an idea what the pass mark is set ato for the moment?

No just a generic message saying you had passed. I don't think they are giving any feedback for this stage so it's unlikely we'll even know how many we got correct!
hey there people, I also found out on the same day I passed the numerical stage. However at the pre-employment stage (current one) I have not received an offer but that uncertain situation of being subject to this being decided upon merit and therefore no possibility of an offer currently....
Just wanted to check were any of you lucky enough to receive something more concrete?

Thanks for the update! Mine came through as well! So pleased! Well done to you as well.
Original post by enterunsername
hey there people, I also found out on the same day I passed the numerical stage. However at the pre-employment stage (current one) I have not received an offer but that uncertain situation of being subject to this being decided upon merit and therefore no possibility of an offer currently....
Just wanted to check were any of you lucky enough to receive something more concrete?

Nothing yet for me but I'm not stressing about it. With it coming through just before Easter it's very unlikely anything further would be processed until after the bank holiday. Maybe we'll hear something more in the next few days. Because I had already completed all my pre employment checks because I had been successful for Generalist as well there's nothing more for me to do but wait for "the email".
Original post by enterunsername

I haven't completed my pre-employment checks yet, will keep you posted though
Reply 56
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back on their numerical test scores? This process seems to have been dragged out so long now
Reply 57
is anyone still waiting for their numerical test results? I've applied to the commercial stream and did the test back at the beginning of March but am still on 'awaiting results'!
Reply 58
Original post by abcd1231
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back on their numerical test scores? This process seems to have been dragged out so long now

I'm still waiting too! I assume if it's taken this long it means my score is borderline ..
Reply 59
Original post by 141995
is anyone still waiting for their numerical test results? I've applied to the commercial stream and did the test back at the beginning of March but am still on 'awaiting results'!

I am in the same position as yourself, just on the finance stream. It would be nice to have some certainty either way now, the whole application process has taken far too long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending