The Student Room Group

Adjustment clearing storys

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you had any positive clearing/adjustment story's or know any as I may have to use this to get into a better uni.
I know people who've got into good unis through clearing - Warwick, Birmingham, Edinburgh.

What offers do you have, and where would you rather go?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by LeapingLucy
I know people who've got in good unis through clearing - Warwick, Birmingham, Edinburgh.

What offers do you have, and where would you rather go?

I got 2 offers one is for a foundation degree at Manchester :BBC are the requirements and the other is Aston which want BBB
I'm pretty sure I can get AAA , I didn't do great at AS but I've worked much harder this year , my revision is going great , I don't have too much to do now in terms of content for my exams , I've still got 3 more months and I know if I make good use of it I can get somewhere between AAA-A*A*A , i would love to go to a Russell group uni but I fear its not going to happen even if I work my ass off to get the grades :/
Original post by cero70
I got 2 offers one is for a foundation degree at Manchester :BBC are the requirements and the other is Aston which want BBB
I'm pretty sure I can get AAA , I didn't do great at AS but I've worked much harder this year , my revision is going great , I don't have too much to do now in terms of content for my exams , I've still got 3 more months and I know if I make good use of it I can get somewhere between AAA-A*A*A , i would love to go to a Russell group uni but I fear its not going to happen even if I work my ass off to get the grades :/

If you get AAA, I'm sure you'd have an excellent chance of getting into a Russell Group uni like Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham etc. through clearing, although it obviously depends how competitive the course you want to study is. What are you applying to do?

And remember, if you don't manage to secure a place through clearing, and you do get AAA, then just take a year out, work in a restaurant/shop and save up some money for uni.
Reply 4
Original post by LeapingLucy
If you get AAA, I'm sure you'd have an excellent chance of getting into a Russell Group uni like Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham etc. through clearing, although it obviously depends how competitive the course you want to study is. What are you applying to do?

And remember, if you don't manage to secure a place through clearing, and you do get AAA, then just take a year out, work in a restaurant/shop and save up some money for uni.

Hopefully engineering , which is pretty competitive right? , but not everyone will meet there offers? And what are the chances of getting into something like imperial college London or ucl , is that unlikely , and that's true thanks for the advice :wink: it's making me feel much more motivated to do well , knowing that
Honestly, I think you'd probably need at least one a* to get into imperial or UCL through clearing - but I'm no expert. Perhaps you could try emailing their admissions teams and ask whether they're likely to have any places available through clearing on results day, and, if so, what grades they would want.

Original post by cero70
Hopefully engineering , which is pretty competitive right? , but not everyone will meet there offers? And what are the chances of getting into something like imperial college London or ucl , is that unlikely , and that's true thanks for the advice :wink: it's making me feel much more motivated to do well , knowing that
Original post by cero70
Hey guys I was wondering if any of you had any positive clearing/adjustment story's or know any as I may have to use this to get into a better uni.

Original post by cero70

There's lots of threads from last year about this in the Applications and UCAS forum

For someone expecting to exceed your predictions by so much then Adjustment is an option but it's a pretty stressful one. Adjustment lasts for 7 calendar days after results and because of that it can feel very rushed. It's unusual for accommodation to be guaranteed through adjustment.

I'd suggest applying for some posts through http://www.etrust.org.uk/year-industry/vacancies and taking a year out (and getting paid as well as getting engineering experience) and reapplying for 2018 entry as a backup.

Quick Reply

Latest