The Student Room Group

Where to do adult nursing? Cant decide, have offers from my top three choices

Hello guys, I find myself in a pickle, and I cannot decide which university to go to. My top three choices are Cardiff university, University of Manchester and Liverpool John Moore. I have had offers at all and I am able to get the relevant grades for each. Any advice? :smile:
Do you currently live in any of those cities? [You don't have to say where you live if you don't want to ! ] Are you familiar with any of those cities, or do you know anyone who studied at any of those particular universities? How many students on the course at each of the unis get firsts or 2:1's? What appeals to you more? Uni league table rankings or nightlife/shopping experiences you will encounter? How far away are they to your home? Would you be able to go home for the occasional weekend if you felt like it or are they all too far away? These are some of the things I would weigh up. Make out a pros and cons list.
Reply 2
Original post by markova21
Do you currently live in any of those cities? [You don't have to say where you live if you don't want to ! ] Are you familiar with any of those cities, or do you know anyone who studied at any of those particular universities? How many students on the course at each of the unis get firsts or 2:1's? What appeals to you more? Uni league table rankings or nightlife/shopping experiences you will encounter? How far away are they to your home? Would you be able to go home for the occasional weekend if you felt like it or are they all too far away? These are some of the things I would weigh up. Make out a pros and cons list.

Thanks Markova21, they are really helpful suggestions thank you so much for the advice! I will have to make a pros and cons list. In terms of location Liverpool is around 2 hours away, Manchester is 2/3 hours away and Cardiff is 5 hours away. Therefore all leaving home. I am also from a rural area, so any city I feel will be a massive change. I am most familiar with Cardiff, then Liverpool , with Manchester the least experience.
Original post by Lorenkatie
Thanks Markova21, they are really helpful suggestions thank you so much for the advice! I will have to make a pros and cons list. In terms of location Liverpool is around 2 hours away, Manchester is 2/3 hours away and Cardiff is 5 hours away. Therefore all leaving home. I am also from a rural area, so any city I feel will be a massive change. I am most familiar with Cardiff, then Liverpool , with Manchester the least experience.

Do you live in Wales? If you do then great, but if not consider whether you would want to stay in Wales for 5 years, as studying in Wales means you are tied to working in Wales for two years post registration. When did you have an interview at Cardiff and when did you receive a response? Congratulations on your offers as well x
Reply 4
Original post by teiganblackmore
Do you live in Wales? If you do then great, but if not consider whether you would want to stay in Wales for 5 years, as studying in Wales means you are tied to working in Wales for two years post registration. When did you have an interview at Cardiff and when did you receive a response? Congratulations on your offers as well x

Yes I do love in Wales so would be fine. I had my interview mid December and got a response end of January:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending