The Student Room Group

How do you revise for GCSE English language?

How do you revise for GCSE English language? Whenever I do I feel like I'm just wasting time watching youtube videos on the subject yet don't really take in anything. I'm not really sure how to revise it. by the way I'm taking eduqas wjec.
Wooo first person I've seen on here on the same English board as me. Got to love WJEC ------ riiiight? Personally I wish we were with AQA, English language (parts of it anyway) can particularly restrictive on the exam board we're on. Story writing isn't very creative as you well know. If I had to advise anything at all, I'd just say pick up as many resources from school as you can. Practice writing structures of letters, articles, practice story planning. Put your phone away while you do this - trust me, it's effective that way :smile:
Reply 2
WJEC squad hereeee :P maybe make mindmaps?
Original post by Bertybassett
How do you revise for GCSE English language? Whenever I do I feel like I'm just wasting time watching youtube videos on the subject yet don't really take in anything. I'm not really sure how to revise it. by the way I'm taking eduqas wjec.

Just read read read read. Everything and anything, it really helps if you have a more expansive vocabulary, and are more familiar with written works and then why writers choose specific words and that.
Also, for non-fiction, print off an article from anywhere and start highlighting anything that you could write a point on, the better you get at picking out techniques the easier you'll find your exam.
Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending