The Student Room Group

Physics or French for Higher?

I would like to pursue Medicine at Edinburgh University which is an incredibly competitive course so it's imperative that I get all As. I'm willing to put in the work but I don't know which subject I'd like to do.
So far, I've done my prelims for National 5 and I've gotten 93% for French (everything excluding talking which I'm really bad at) and 79% for Physics.
The other Highers that I am taking are Maths, English, Chemistry and Biology.
Original post by sandra_sam2
I would like to pursue Medicine at Edinburgh University which is an incredibly competitive course so it's imperative that I get all As. I'm willing to put in the work but I don't know which subject I'd like to do.
So far, I've done my prelims for National 5 and I've gotten 93% for French (everything excluding talking which I'm really bad at) and 79% for Physics.
The other Highers that I am taking are Maths, English, Chemistry and Biology.

It doesn't really matter which one you take- take whichever you think you will do best in- you can always change your mind once you get your results in August. I did both of those subjects at nat5 and did higher physics last year (doing AH just now), so if you have any questions about the physics course, let me know.
Also, in future, you may want to ask questions about SQA exams on the Scottish qualifications thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41
There are lots of people there who can give you help and advice specific to SQA exams, subject choices and Scottish universities, etc
Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest