Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

tips for surviving in a culture of pubs watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Why do they have to?
    health and safety. - thye there must be somewhere to have free access to drinking water. like a drinking fountain or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    I did, but i've never seen anyone ask except in a restaurant
    hehe cool, not many people know that. thats why the clubs never provide any coz they know people wouldnt ask. can you imagine someone at a club demanding free water :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    health and safety. - thye there must be somewhere to have free access to drinking water. like a drinking fountain or something.
    Ahhh.. right. We should all start demanding for free water from every pub we go to.

ReputationRep:
    Guess chatting is much more popular than drinking? I'll find out when I get there

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh.. right. We should all start demanding for free water from every pub we go to.
    if they dont give it to you, you could just be a git, sue them, go and actually get pissed at another bar = free drinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chinesegirl)
    Guess chatting is much more popular than drinking? I'll find out when I get there
    i dunno, depends on the time of day and loudness of the music!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    if they dont give it to you, you could just be a git, sue them, go and actually get pissed at another bar = free drinks
    Wheee!! Sounds like lots of fun.
    Has anyone ever done that?

ReputationRep:
    Wheee!! Sounds like lots of fun.
    Has anyone ever done that?
    dunno but there's never any harm in trying. maybe when we're lawyers and don't have to pay legal fees

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's called the safe drinking initiative, but I saw a sign the other day saying "water is available in the toilets" :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Yeah it's called the safe drinking initiative, but I saw a sign the other day saying "water is available in the toilets" :P
    do you think it literally meant inside the bowl of the toilet or just from the taps near the toilet?

MB

ReputationRep:
    Every pub/club I have ever asked for water in has given it to me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    Every pub/club I have ever asked for water in has given it to me..
    well pubs they usaully give you but not clubs. everytime i went i have to buy bottle water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    do you think it literally meant inside the bowl of the toilet or just from the taps near the toilet?

MB

lol taps I'm sure, but I think it was a dig at people who want free water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    dunno but there's never any harm in trying. maybe when we're lawyers and don't have to pay legal fees
    If that ever happens, I'll be drinking Perrier instead jk

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.