The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by sr90
We might surprise people and draw 0-0 instead of 1-1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah was thinking 0-0 as no ibra no party.
We don't even have the comfort of being 6th anymore.
Original post by Fizzel
We don't even have the comfort of being 6th anymore.

It was fun while it lasted :biggrin:
They sacked Jose's best friend so I reckon he will be out for revenge. Would love Borthwick Jackson to comeback and play LB until the end of the season, he was actually decent and could put in good crosses.

I think we'll play DDG Valencia Smalling Rojo Shaw - Carrick Fellaini - Rashford Mata Mkhi - Rooney- in a 4-2-3-1 - with Mata in CAM.
Reply 44
RIP if Blind/Rojo are playing left back.

Traore will do a madness again.

Valdes will put in a MOTM performance guaranteed.
I wouldn't be surprised if out-of-favour players like Downing get a start tomorrow to spark energy into the home crowd, Traore and Ramirez could be revitalized under Agnew and with the way this week has gone, it could easily see us dropping points. They're good defensively so you'd hope Agnew might go a tad gung ho and give his players more freedom but with the adverse effect of being slightly more vulnerable defensively.
Reply 46
Last season's Rashford would've scored that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bailly has started horribly.
Original post by mojojojo101
Bailly has started horribly.

it doesn't help that he's surrounded by AIDS defenders.
Original post by trapking
it doesn't help that he's surrounded by AIDS defenders.

While I agree with the sentiment, its not really an excuse for his poor passing and losing personal battles against Ramirez.

Also if we can't make a goal from Rashford's pace today we have a big problem.
Wow Valdes with some amazing saves there :eek:
Yessss fellaini :biggrin:
@bammy jastard 27 seems I was wrong and Jose is going to use the 3 at the back formation ongoing. Not really sold on it right now although its the easiest formation to get the best out of Pogba. Unsure about our CB's they didn't look good playing it under LVG and they don't here. Even this game, the number of times you've got Negrado 1v1 while the other two watch, kind of defeats the point of playing 3 CB's.

Credit to Fellaini, in the absence of the other to deliver the first goal of his season.
Watching this game on NBC and the commentator I think was right that this team really lacks personality and excitement when the likes of Ibra and Pogba (also Mkhi who he didn't mention) are missing.

So far an unexceptional performance, Rashford needs a goal, desperately and we defend pretty poorly, even against a team who are basically non existent in attack.

From a Boro point of view, Bernardo is crap, I don't understand what Leadbitter or Downing offer and it seems to me to be an odd decision not to have made the most of Bailly struggling against Ramirez in the first 10 minutes.
Rashford has the ingredients to be a top player! Been impressed with him this game.

Mbappe is the only other teenager I can think of (off the top of my head) with as much potential :biggrin: (rumours that Mourinho rates Mbappe highly too as we had a scout at the Monaco vs City game so....Man Utd move confirmed? I wish :colondollar: )
Lingard and Rashford link-up has been exciting to watch and latter just missing his finishing boots but he has been threatening. Defence has been shaky..

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL that sums up Smalling right there

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Get IN LINGARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Traore is a ****ing animal :lol:
Playing 6 at the back against Boro because they are such an attacking threat...

Latest