The Student Room Group

I'm a complete pussy ama

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciel.
Unfortunately, I can't change the route. I want to report it but that guy lives in the neighborhood and I'm worried that he will do something stupid if I report him, like my poison my dog or something. He's one of those 'wanna be gangsta' chavs

Ignore the idiots!! You have experienced something awful so it's natural you're upset. Please report it, especially as you know who it is. Also report your fears.
Original post by Ciel.
i was walking my dog, and he was attacked by a rottweiler (off the leash). I wanted to to separate them but I just couldn't, because I didn't want to kick my own dog by accident, it was so chaotic. i just kept shrieking and crying like a ****ing little girl. i should've been able to do more. that stupid ****ing owner finally managed to get his dog off mine,and luckily my dog wasnt seriously hurt because he has very thick fur. but i just cant calm down. the mere thought of walking my dog again makes me want to ****ing cry. idk how i will be able to take him for a walk tomorrow.

how about you walk your dog and take a friend along with you a few times ?or if they have dogs too then you can walk them together :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by EC
You should remain calm and assertive, grab the dog by his back quickly and try to pull it in order to separate them. By panicking and crying you don't solve anything.. If you're worried you'll get yourself bitten, you could ask some professional people for advice, those who train dogs surely know best what to do in this situation.

Yeah that would be easy with small dogs. But that wasn't the case. I weigh like 95 pounds. That rottweiler was probably around 130 pounds. Not to mention he would probably bite my arm off. My dog was on the leash, at all times, but it didn't help because that ******* wouldn't let go off him.

Original post by h3rmit
It does make them turn around, that's why you spin them around at the legs, or just move out of the way.

Who came out worse from the scuffle?

My dog of course... But he's not badly injured, his fur is super thick and fluffy, that protected
Original post by TorpidPhil
Don't hold the back legs that's retarded. You probably won't even be able to pick them up. Dogs are ****ing strong.

Best bet if to rear naked choke the ****, but again, if you haven't got big arms... You aren't gonna have the strength. There's not much you can do therefore.

Booting it in the face can make it run away if it was only wanting to 'play' or was merely being snappy. If it immediately lunged out and is gripping your dog I'd wrap one arm around its neck and use my thumb on the other into its eyes when it lets go I'd immediately lock on the rear naked choke and not let go till it was dead. You might get bit. Wear a big coat.

You can also bait it into biting a safe spot - wrap a coat around your forearm and bait the dog into biting that. Wouldn't recommend unless you have had training though or are ****ing huge because a big dog will end up dislocating your shoulder and dragging you to the floor and tearing your neck open...

It defo wasn't playful. It happened so suddenly, that dog just suddenly appeared and went right for my dog's neck, no barking, no growling, nothing! ****ing beast. It wouldn't let go, but in the end that guy managed to get him off my dog somehow. He was really tall and muscular, though, unlike me... So I'm kinda out of options I guess... Pepper spray would be perfect but it's ****ing illegal.........
Reply 23
yeah he is, fortunately <3
Original post by Sammylou40
Ignore the idiots!! You have experienced something awful so it's natural you're upset. Please report it, especially as you know who it is. Also report your fears.

Thanks, I will really consider reporting him
Original post by tasha_tah
how about you walk your dog and take a friend along with you a few times ?or if they have dogs too then you can walk them together :smile:

none of my friends live near me unfortunately, but maybe I will try befriend some local dogwalkers, for my dog's sake
Reply 24
Don't hold the back legs that's retarded. You probably won't even be able to pick them up. Dogs are ****ing strong.

It requires very little strength to hold, pull and spin, at the back legs.

Best bet if to rear naked choke the ****, but again, if you haven't got big arms... You aren't gonna have the strength. There's not much you can do therefore.

This is how you get bitten in the arm or lose fingers. Dogs don't even have defined chins and lots have small pointed skulls so you can easily slip up the neck, putting your arm in their mouth. Also, your centre of mass would be further from your base, so you'd be in a pretty weak position and you'd easily get pulled around. Unless you're suggesting holding a violent, thrashing dog in your arms off the ground.
Original post by Ciel.
Yeah that would be easy with small dogs. But that wasn't the case. I weigh like 95 pounds. That rottweiler was probably around 130 pounds. Not to mention he would probably bite my arm off. My dog was on the leash, at all times, but it didn't help because that ******* wouldn't let go off him.

My dog of course... But he's not badly injured, his fur is super thick and fluffy, that protected

It defo wasn't playful. It happened so suddenly, that dog just suddenly appeared and went right for my dog's neck, no barking, no growling, nothing! ****ing beast. It wouldn't let go, but in the end that guy managed to get him off my dog somehow. He was really tall and muscular, though, unlike me... So I'm kinda out of options I guess... Pepper spray would be perfect but it's ****ing illegal.........

Nope. Pepper spray doesn't work on dogs. Doesn't even work on some humans, nevermind dogs which have a far higher pain threshold and anatomically different eyes. You need a taser or a club.
Reply 26
Nope. Pepper spray doesn't work on dogs. Doesn't even work on some humans, nevermind dogs which have a far higher pain threshold and anatomically different eyes. You need a taser or a club.

I'm ****ed then.
Original post by h3rmit
It requires very little strength to hold, pull and spin, at the back legs.

This is how you get bitten in the arm or lose fingers. Dogs don't even have defined chins and lots have small pointed skulls so you can easily slip up the neck, putting your arm in their mouth. Also, your centre of mass would be further from your base, so you'd be in a pretty weak position and you'd easily get pulled around. Unless you're suggesting holding a violent, thrashing dog in your arms off the ground.

I read up on this and you are right!

Best way to get the dog off and stop biting because it obviously has nothing to really drive through with and balance on with its back legs in the air. And so long as it isn't focused on you it can't really resist it quick enough.

How do they not have defined chins? Their necks are far longer than human and their snouts protrude. Yes they can slip out of it, but so can a human, plus humans have arms and stand up tall which makes it harder to choke them out.
Original post by Ciel.
I'm ****ed then.

Take a club of some sort with you or a walking stick. If the police stop you and ask why you are carrying an offensive weapon tell them it is because your dog was previously attacking in the local area and it has traumatised you. They'll let you off with it and perhaps want to find out whose dog...

Walking sticks are very effective hitting em on the snout to make them back off or the elbow joints on their front legs to break them.
Reply 29
You sissy, grow a pair and be a man, not a woman
Reply 30
I read up on this and you are right!

Best way to get the dog off and stop biting because it obviously has nothing to really drive through with and balance on with its back legs in the air. And so long as it isn't focused on you it can't really resist it quick enough.

:u:

How do they not have defined chins?

Compared to the chin and jaw of a human, there's nothing to hook under with a chokehold on a dog.

Their necks are far longer than human and their snouts protrude. Yes they can slip out of it, but so can a human, plus humans have arms and stand up tall which makes it harder to choke them out.

If you're doing a chokehold, the dog's neck and snout will probably be parallel to your chest. Rottweiler's necks are a similar length to humans', and their snouts are especially short for dogs.
If you ignore kicking, elbowing and punching, humans are slightly easier to choke out, since you can completely destabilise them if you pull them backwards. Dogs are more compact and you have to support their whole weight when you pick them up, and you have to have their snouts and oh so sharp teeth right next to your ears and face
Reply 31
Take a club of some sort with you or a walking stick. If the police stop you and ask why you are carrying an offensive weapon tell them it is because your dog was previously attacking in the local area and it has traumatised you. They'll let you off with it and perhaps want to find out whose dog...

Walking sticks are very effective hitting em on the snout to make them back off or the elbow joints on their front legs to break them.

Make sure it's a pimp walking stick, then your suaveness speaks to the police for itself.

It does a lot more than nothing and is the safest way to break up a dog fight (if you don't have a weapon)
Reply 32

Damn, sounds a bit drastic. But I really don't want my dog to get hurt again... Do you think I should actually report this to the police, or is it too risky?
Original post by slade p
You sissy, grow a pair and be a man, not a woman

cash me outside how bout da.............................
Ask Sebastian to walk him for you....

Spoiler

Reply 34
Original post by Miss.Unknow
Ask Sebastian to walk him for you....

Spoiler

He hates dogs........ :colonhash:

Oh no, I hope your dog wasn't injured?
Original post by Ciel.
He hates dogs........ :colonhash:

Not this dog
Reply 36
Original post by Miss.Unknow
Not this dog

Lol, yeah that one is probably an exception
Reply 37
Ah I see, glad to hear that he wasn't seriously hurt
Original post by iqra2159
If you're a pussy why do you have an effing dog??

for protection obviously

Quick Reply

Latest