The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jdh68
I can't say I've heard the same, but like most things I assume it'd take time for the placements to reach a consistently high standard. It's a new addition, and as each year goes on the department will get more feedback on how to improve :smile:

Plus, any placement is surely better than no placement!

That's true, just thought I'd give a heads-up. I'd disagree that a bad placement is better than no placement (being used as an admin dogsbody to do the work no one else wants will gain you very little in the end).

I don't know what is on offer this year, or what feedback has been received, but I would be wary of being taken advantage of in a service who just use you as an extra body with no consideration for your learning needs.
Reply 21
Original post by livlevog
Who told you it was on or around the 1st? Getting nervous now!!

Still nothing :dry: my guess is tomorrow
Reply 22
Original post by jdh68
Still nothing :dry: my guess is tomorrow

Still haven't heard anything, has anyone else?
Reply 23
Still haven't heard anything, has anyone else?

Nope - I'm wondering whether they've posted them? Not sure whether to get back in contact
Hey everyone, I also went for my interview last week and haven't heard anything yet! :frown:
Reply 25
Original post by jdh68
Nope - I'm wondering whether they've posted them? Not sure whether to get back in contact

Hmm possibly but would think it would be email! Won't be until Monday now
Reply 26
I got an offer! Anyone else heard?
Reply 27
Original post by jdh68
I got an offer! Anyone else heard?

Yes me too!! Accepted! Are you on the full time course?
Reply 28
Yes me too!! Accepted! Are you on the full time course?

Wooo congrats! Yeah I am, I've made a FB group (keen) for acceptances so everyone join !!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1935515376668226/
Congrats everyone! Just accepted my offer too! :smile:
Reply 30
Hey everyone!

I know this thread is from last year but I have just been invited to interview for this years intake! How is everyone finding the course? Any tips for the interview stage with regards to the presentation and written task?
Original post by l123l123
Congrats everyone! Just accepted my offer too! :smile:

Hi! My interview is coming up and I was just wondering if you used references in your presentation or if it was more general knowledge on what a forensic psychologist does?

Thank you!!
Original post by _AC
Hey everyone!

I know this thread is from last year but I have just been invited to interview for this years intake! How is everyone finding the course? Any tips for the interview stage with regards to the presentation and written task?

Hey! Ive also got my interview coming up, really worried I'm going completely the wrong way about my presentation. Have you made yours yet?
Original post by Chandra123
Hi! My interview is coming up and I was just wondering if you used references in your presentation or if it was more general knowledge on what a forensic psychologist does?

Thank you!!

Hey!
My interview is next week and so far I have used general knowledge stuff. But I am still lost on how I would end up explaining this on the day.
Reply 34
Hey! Ive also got my interview coming up, really worried I'm going completely the wrong way about my presentation. Have you made yours yet?

So am I! I've basically finished my presentation but I keep adding and taking things away because I'm worried it's not right! I've started off by talking about what Forensic Psychology means to me and made it a bit personal, and then I've just talked about how this links to my research interests! Have you done yours?
I've done some research for the presentation on the background of forensic psychology etc but I don't know how they want the presentation structured. I assume they have made it very general so they can treat everyone individually so its more about how we present than what we present? I am a little worried for the written test but surely it can't be too difficult! My interview is on Thursday so ill let you know how it goes!

Good luck all!!!

Original post by _AC
So am I! I've basically finished my presentation but I keep adding and taking things away because I'm worried it's not right! I've started off by talking about what Forensic Psychology means to me and made it a bit personal, and then I've just talked about how this links to my research interests! Have you done yours?
I've done some research for the presentation on the background of forensic psychology etc but I don't know how they want the presentation structured. I assume they have made it very general so they can treat everyone individually so its more about how we present than what we present? I am a little worried for the written test but surely it can't be too difficult! My interview is on Thursday so ill let you know how it goes!

Good luck all!!!

Good luck to you! Mine is on Thursday too. I'm a bit worried about the presentation to be honest. I don't know whether I'll be able to explain things for 10 mins.

Good luck to the rest of you!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 37
I had my interview today, it really wasn't bad at all and they were all really friendly! I've received an offer already!!
Original post by _AC
I had my interview today, it really wasn't bad at all and they were all really friendly! I've received an offer already!!

Well done! Me too! Trying to find information about housing and stuff, worried if I go ill end up as a recluse or only friends with freshers haha!
Reply 39
Well done on your offer!!! Do you think you'll accept it or have you got other places in mind?

Latest