The Student Room Group

Which outfit for date? (POLL)

Poll

Which outfit?

Got a date coming up and am struggling to pick between two outfits. We are going to a bar. I'm not sure if the black dress looks a bit slutty? It's slightly corset style with laces between the boobs but you can't see my boobs, lol. I'd wear that with black tights and black heels, so I'd basically be wearing all black :redface:.

The second option - top and wet look leggings... would wear with heeled sandals. Not sure if this is suitable for a first date or more for a full blown night out, but I really love the colour of the top and the leggings are ace.

I would feel more comfortable in the dress, but I don't know if wearing all black on a first date gives a good first impression, or am I over thinking this?

Which do you guys prefer?
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Dresses, all day e'ryday

Wearing leggings as trousers can look quite weird IMO
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
The attachments are not working
Reply 3
That corsage number is bordering on negligee unless worn with tights, and even then might be viewed as provocative. Being a somewhat eccentric (even flamboyant) dresser myself I'd likely count it in your favour, but unless you know their preferences the latter option is almost certainly the safer bet.
I think the top nd jeans is better as the top is cute! I agree I'm not too sure about the all black for the dress? But whichever you choose at the end, both look nice!x and good luck for the date!
Reply 5
Both outfits are pretty but I'd say it depends on where you're going for the date. If it's a more casual date then I'd say wear the leggings so you don't look like you've tried too hard. But if it's more formal, to a nice restaurant for example, wear the dress. If you're worried about the dress being too black then wear a coloured accessory such as a necklace. Good luck on your date :smile:
Reply 6
:redface: i can't really suggest anything without giving off my own styleee, but what i personally would do is tights with the dress + ankle booties + light sparkly grey cardigan to jazz it up. like that guru advice where the guy must want to undress you and not have everything out for him already :colondollar: the dress is very booby-leggy-shouldery, has to be one of them. well, doesn't HAVE to, just what i go by if i was dressing
Reply 7
i like the slinky top though... take that, pair with some solid colour jeans (not ripped not faded/sparkly/studdy whatever) dark blue or black, without any orange stitching on the butt. sling a blazer on, turn up the jeans a bit to show off some sexy ankle and wear with heels if you wanna be adventurous.
i like the top because it's a bit borderline with nightwear/sexy wear:biggrin:, the straps especially :wink: like is she wearing a bra, isn't she ooh lala. then the blazer and solid jeans will ground it a little.
Reply 8
Dress much prettier.
I've noticed that guys tend to notice what I wear a lot more when I wear all black? Idk if that makes sense. Whenever I wear all black, people tend to notice my figure :dontknow: so defo go for the black dress :tongue:
The dress is much prettier.
I would add some black tights, a choker (black to match), red lipstick and a leather jacket :smile:
Good luck on your date ;D
Go with the dress it doesn't look slutty imo. But the again I like to dress edgy like that so I don't know :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending