The Student Room Group

Changing name and gender by deed poll

Is there any way I can change my listed name, gender and title via email or online, rather than mail?
Original post by JamieJean
Is there any way I can change my listed name, gender and title via email or online, rather than mail?

Hi there, do you have a current active application? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, do you have a current active application? Thanks, Karen

Yep, I finished it today. Also for reference I applied for student finance in 2017 for my BA, which is why the account is under my previous name.
Yep, I finished it today. Also for reference I applied for student finance in 2017 for my BA, which is why the account is under my previous name.

Hi there,

Yes, you should be able to do this online. Now that you've submitted your application you'll have the option to upload evidence.

You can upload a copy of your deed poll to your account: we'd also recommend including a short cover letter (signed and dated) just explaining that you'd like us to update your details. Just to let you know, we're currently processing evidence in 12 working days.

The video below shows how to upload evidence, in case you didn't already know.

Thanks, Graeme

https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Yes, you should be able to do this online. Now that you've submitted your application you'll have the option to upload evidence.

You can upload a copy of your deed poll to your account: we'd also recommend including a short cover letter (signed and dated) just explaining that you'd like us to update your details. Just to let you know, we're currently processing evidence in 12 working days.

The video below shows how to upload evidence, in case you didn't already know.

Thanks, Graeme

https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk

I’ve tried to follow the video but there’s nowhere I can find to upload supporting evidence.
I’ve tried to follow the video but there’s nowhere I can find to upload supporting evidence.

You can upload evidence and forms by going to the 'Manage your student finance' section in the sidebar on the right of your screen. You will then see a link to 'Upload supporting evidence' and can use this to send us your evidence/form. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending