The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

BA Illustration course

Hi, much appreciated if any students who are studying the BA Illustration course can let me know whether the lecturers are helpful and provide adequate encouragement to their students. Thanks, Chris
Original post by chrisleung

I couldn't find anything on TSR connect but you can have a go if you like:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/connect/university/middlesex_university

Can you visit at all? The uni may also be able to put you in touch with current or former students.
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Hi, much appreciated if any students who are studying the BA Illustration course can let me know whether the lecturers are helpful and provide adequate encouragement to their students. Thanks, Chris

I'm tagging in the Illustration middlesex course ambassador @Alina at MDX

She also posted a thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4452330 although doesn't seem to have been back recently

@Middlesex University can you get in touch with Alina and ask her to log back onto TSR to help the OP?
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
I'm tagging in the Illustration middlesex course ambassador @Alina at MDX

She also posted a thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4452330 although doesn't seem to have been back recently

@Middlesex University can you get in touch with Alina and ask her to log back onto TSR to help the OP?

Thanks. It seems that Alina has not accessed TSR for a long period.
Morning Chris,

I hope you are well and i do apologise for not getting back to you straight away.

Lectures are actually very important part of our course. We have them once a week. In the end of each semester we would usually do a project that relates to what lectures where about with the opportunity share our own opinion on topics that we studied.

Each lecture has its own theme and its always related to visual communication that actually helps you to improve and sent a right message by illustration that you have created. I would also say that the lectures are about hidden political and gender messages that are created by art, the general power of art and how it changed our history.

I hope this answer was helpful.

Thank you
Alina
Reply 5
Original post by Alina at MDX
Morning Chris,

I hope you are well and i do apologise for not getting back to you straight away.

Lectures are actually very important part of our course. We have them once a week. In the end of each semester we would usually do a project that relates to what lectures where about with the opportunity share our own opinion on topics that we studied.

Each lecture has its own theme and its always related to visual communication that actually helps you to improve and sent a right message by illustration that you have created. I would also say that the lectures are about hidden political and gender messages that are created by art, the general power of art and how it changed our history.

I hope this answer was helpful.

Thank you
Alina

Morning Alina,

Thanks for your reply . Do you mean that students will attend only one lecture per week. If yes, the lecture will last for a full day, and students have a lot of free time for their self study, research and project development. Also, do you find most lecturers helpful and supportive to students ?

Thank you. Chris

Hello Chris,

@Alina at MDX is currently studying BA Illustration and she will be happy to answer your questions!
You can have a look at her thread and post your
questions: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4452330

Good luck!

Ludovica
Morning Chris,

Yes, on the first and second year you will have two hour lecture (as i remember they will usually start at 10am) they will last two hours; you will then have one hour brake. At 1pm you will have one hour seminar to discuss reading material that had to be done for the lecture. At about 2pm you will be free to go. On the third year it’s a bit different, we do have lectures in the first semester and then second semester to concentrate on our dissertation.

Lectures are an important part of our course. But i will say that practical work is what we do the most on our course that’s why we don’t spend that much time on the lectures. But attending every lecture would help you with your dissertation. Every lecture has different theme that can be used as a reference or an idea for your dissertation.

I do find lectures supportive and very useful, it helps with your practical work so much, in a way lectures help you to understand art and develops your own ideas. So when you are completing a project, you will know how to deliver right idea and the right message by the image that you drew.

I hope my reply was helpful, if you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,
Alina
Reply 8
Original post by Alina at MDX
Morning Chris,

Yes, on the first and second year you will have two hour lecture (as i remember they will usually start at 10am) they will last two hours; you will then have one hour brake. At 1pm you will have one hour seminar to discuss reading material that had to be done for the lecture. At about 2pm you will be free to go. On the third year it’s a bit different, we do have lectures in the first semester and then second semester to concentrate on our dissertation.

Lectures are an important part of our course. But i will say that practical work is what we do the most on our course that’s why we don’t spend that much time on the lectures. But attending every lecture would help you with your dissertation. Every lecture has different theme that can be used as a reference or an idea for your dissertation.

I do find lectures supportive and very useful, it helps with your practical work so much, in a way lectures help you to understand art and develops your own ideas. So when you are completing a project, you will know how to deliver right idea and the right message by the image that you drew.

I hope my reply was helpful, if you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,
Alina

Your reply is definitely helpful. Do you mean that there are around three hours of lectures or seminars for all subjects within a week ? There will be a lot of free time for self study / research or art work development. I think that student must be self-motivated and self-disciplined. Also, how many subjects will be taught in each term of 1st year / 2nd year ? Please reply me later.

Thanks, Chris
Reply 9
Your reply is definitely helpful. Do you mean that there are around three hours of lectures or seminars for all subjects within a week ? There will be a lot of free time for self study / research or art work development. I think that student must be self-motivated and self-disciplined. Also, how many subjects will be taught in each term of 1st year / 2nd year ? Please reply me later.

Thanks, Chris

@Middlesex University would you please get in touch with Alina and ask her to login TSR to help ?
Reply 10
@Middlesex University would you please get in touch with Alina and ask her to login TSR to help ?

Dear Ludovica or Alina

Much appreciated if you or Alina can reply my further question.

Many thanks.

Chris

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending