The Student Room Group

Tips for dating in London?

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice towards dating in London. Broke up with my ex a few months ago and I'm ready to put myself back out there, but the problem is I literally have no idea where to start. I'm currently working before going back to do a masters in Sep so finding it kinda hard to meet new people. Not too keen on dating apps, seem to be a bit superficial for my liking. Any tips?
Reply 1
Original post by mRe9
I was just wondering if anyone had any advice towards dating in London. Broke up with my ex a few months ago and I'm ready to put myself back out there, but the problem is I literally have no idea where to start. I'm currently working before going back to do a masters in Sep so finding it kinda hard to meet new people. Not too keen on dating apps, seem to be a bit superficial for my liking. Any tips?

You could consider speed dating? Look around on meetup.com they organise several speed dating events every now and then. Never tried it myself but was suggested a couple of times and a lot of them are within a certain age group.
Dating apps can be superficial but even in a bar etc you approach someone because they look attractive, not because you can sense they have a great personality. The good thing about dating apps like OKCupid etc is that most people have fairly detailed profiles so you can see what their interests etc are before messaging them. In that way it's better than just approaching someone irl, imo anyway. I would advise making a date within the first few days of chatting though, don't waste weeks chatting online to meet and find out there's no spark.
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
You could consider speed dating? Look around on meetup.com they organise several speed dating events every now and then. Never tried it myself but was suggested a couple of times and a lot of them are within a certain age group.

Thanks for your response, Yeah I'll have to look into it.

Original post by Precious Illusions
Dating apps can be superficial but even in a bar etc you approach someone because they look attractive, not because you can sense they have a great personality. The good thing about dating apps like OKCupid etc is that most people have fairly detailed profiles so you can see what their interests etc are before messaging them. In that way it's better than just approaching someone irl, imo anyway. I would advise making a date within the first few days of chatting though, don't waste weeks chatting online to meet and find out there's no spark.

Yeah you're right. It's tough because you may be perfect for someone but you'd never know without judging on appearance first in both person and online. Spent this week on a few dating apps and it just made me realise the spark is much better formed in person whilst its almost spontaneous, especially given I'm not a one night kind of person. I'll have a look at OKC but have heard about fees etc
get money and move out, until them play the tinder game like a mad ting
Reply 5
there's a new funky app for that wavesdating.com good way to find what you're looking for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending