The Student Room Group

Nursing Degree Apprenticeship Commencing 2017

Hi all,

I have just been employed as a HCA on a Haematology Unit and have has this route of Nursing introduced to me during training. The course (only relevant to the region I live in) will take place at University of Derby. I'm curious to see if there is anybody else out there who will also be going onto this new route.

Just as background info, I do have two offers to study an Access to Nursing this Sept, but unfortunately when I was interviewed for this position was told that the Unit would not be able to accommodate my situation from Sept onwards. Obviously this being a great opportunity, I put the Access course on the back burner. However throughout the HCA training that I am going through, I've been told that if I approached my Line Manager, there may be a possibility of having relief of two days a week; just for being a reasonable person to be honest.

So now I am in two minds and just wanted some more input from others in similar situations.

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 1
I don't want to be rude but you can be promised a lot by people you barely know and hope they stick to it or you could work for it at uni. It would be good to be seconded but if its not definite are you willing to risk giving up on uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending