The Student Room Group
Mujahid
If you want to be in the police force firstly you will have to start as a PC.
If you do a Degree for example in Criminology etc do you start up in a higher rank? For example instead of PC you start off as a inspector?

lol no........
Reply 2
There's no way you can go in as Inspector - if you join a fast track you may only spend six months as a PC, but you have to spend some time as a PC.

If you're on the graduate fast-track you will move up the ranks faster, but there will still be stiff competition from those who have been with the police since 18.

You don't need, as far as I'm aware, a related degree to join the fast track.
I dont believe you start at a higher rank but it definately boosts your prospects of promotion.
Reply 4
what do you think is the best way how to start a career in the police?
do a degree and then join the police?
be a police at 18 yrs of age?
Be a Volunteer while doing a degree and then go in the police force experienced?
Reply 5
Are you at Blackburn College?
Reply 6
Mujahid
what do you think is the best way how to start a career in the police?
do a degree and then join the police?
be a police at 18 yrs of age?
Be a Volunteer while doing a degree and then go in the police force experienced?

I would do your degree in whatever your interested in doing and volunteer as a special constable with the local force. You'll get great experience and your degree at the same time. My dad has been in the force for years and believes that it really helps to have a degree but if you dont have common sense and some experience it'll be a real shock to u.

Latest

Trending

Trending