The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Maths and psychology course

I am currently looking at the maths and psychology course at reading rather than doing maths just by itself and I was wondering if there is anyone who has done this and what they think of it?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by akm97
I am currently looking at the maths and psychology course at reading rather than doing maths just by itself and I was wondering if there is anyone who has done this and what they think of it?

Thank you :smile:

Hello :smile:

That is great you are thinking of studying at Reading!

That sounds a really interesting course - a joint honours is a great way of combining two of your favourite subjects together. I know someone in their second year studying this course - they said there is a lot of crossover between the Statistics covered in Psychology and in Maths so they go really well together! From what I have heard (as a lot of my housemates study Maths and I have friends that do Psychology) both departments are lovely and very supportive with great lecturers!

A lot of my housemates study Maths, and one of them does a joint honours with Maths and Economics. He likes the fact he gets to do a bit of both subjects which gives him more options for jobs when he graduates. You also have the option of doing a placement year, which enhances your employability and gives you practical experience - which I would definitely recommend!.

We have open days on June 17th and June 18th and also in October, so if you haven't visited Reading and would like to look round and ask any specific questions to your department then they are the perfect place. https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/visiting-and-open-days.aspx

Hope this helps, and anymore questions just let me know (sorry I couldn't be too specific about the course but I don't personally study it!)

Alice :h:
2nd Year Food Science Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending