The Student Room Group

Which science A Level is easiest to take in one year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mashbbk
Yep! I think from start to finish, it probably took around 5-7 minutes of my time (a lot of coded words as short hands on the diagram etc). Well worth the investment!

Amazing! Did you use anything like this for Biology as well? Also, any general revision/study tips for the subject would be great :frown:
Original post by Philip-flop
Amazing! Did you use anything like this for Biology as well? Also, any general revision/study tips for the subject would be great :frown:

Not for Biology no, but the best revision tip is just to revise - procrastination is the devil. Also everyone finds different revision techniques suits them best, so you kind of have to find what works for you.

At a minimum i'd read all material twice and attempt to do all past papers twice, which usually helps with memorisation.
Original post by mashbbk
Not for Biology no, but the best revision tip is just to revise - procrastination is the devil. Also everyone finds different revision techniques suits them best, so you kind of have to find what works for you.

At a minimum i'd read all material twice and attempt to do all past papers twice, which usually helps with memorisation.

Wow, how did you manage to find the time to do all of the past papers, TWICE?! That's just crazy. Guess it worked though!
Original post by SunlethSky
As I asked above, how mathematical is it in A2? AS wasn't anything too strenuous, but if it requires super-advanced Maths I might struggle.

Not very. As someone's said, natural logarithms are probably as hard as it gets. Most of it is doable in your head.

Things may have changed since I did it, but Physics A-level used to have the acceleration due to (Earth) gravity as 10ms-2 so the sums were easy, but Maths A-level used to have it as 9.81ms-2 so they weren't :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest