The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Postgraduate degree after open university degree

Has anyone have been accepted to do masters degree with top rated unis like kent uni or other close uni like brighton after doing bsc degree with open uni?
Original post by Taraki44
Has anyone have been accepted to do masters degree with top rated unis like kent uni or other close uni like brighton after doing bsc degree with open uni?

I haven't personally, but i've seen many people study with top universities after studying with the OU.

An OU degree is regarded just as highly as a degree from any other university.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Taraki44

People are accepted at Oxford and Cambridge with OU degrees, though obviously infrequently. If you have decent grades and reasonable references you shouldn't have too much problem being accepted by Kent, though obviously it depends on how competitive any given course is.
Reply 3
Hi, I have just finished my degree with OU (maths & stats) and I received a conditional offer from Leicester uni to start a Msc in actuarial science. One of my OU tutors is a lecturer at Oxford in the maths department and she also had a degree with OU then went on to do Msc and Phd at Oxford.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by enirra
Hi, I have just finished my degree with OU (maths & stats) and I received a conditional offer from Leicester uni to start a Msc in actuarial science. One of my OU tutors is a lecturer at Oxford in the maths department and she also had a degree with OU then went on to do Msc and Phd at Oxford.

Hope that helps :smile:

that's encouraging!!!
Reply 5
Original post by ilzan
that's encouraging!!!

This thread is over 2 years old just so you know.
Reply 6
Original post by AdamCor
This thread is over 2 years old just so you know.

Does it matter?
Reply 7
Original post by ilzan
Does it matter?

Considering you're breaking the rules, yes.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/community-rules

Spoiler

Reply 8
Original post by AdamCor
Considering you're breaking the rules, yes.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/community-rules

Spoiler

Haha please get a life

Quick Reply

Latest