The Student Room Group

If you had to choose one meal to eat for the rest of your life - what and why?

Mine would be roast chicken, roast potatoes and parsnips, broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower cheese, swede and carrots mashed with butter and black pepper, garden peas, fresh steak tomatoes with bread sauce and onion gravy. With condiments of sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, malt vinegar and dijon mustard.

Why? Because I love every component of the meal and I think it would probably keep me alive and healthy as the only meal I would ever be able to eat.

Additionally, there's a good 8 of my '5 a day' :smile:

How about you?

Scroll to see replies

If it's your last meal, why would you even think about how healthy it is or your five a day? Idk tbh but I wouldn't pick anything healthy!! Lolz.
Reply 2
A buffet because you can have the choice of anything.
- 100 nuggets with 1.5L bottle of mirinda.

- Belgian caramel chocolate shortbread

- NICE ASS TEA

- Malawah

- Hot chocolate with tons of whip cream

And the list goes on

That would be my meal
Some of Bossman's chicken wings.

Some honey glazed parsnips, picked from my garden.

Duck confit with potato dauphinoise.

A single gulab jamin resting on a bed of chocolate hobnobs.

Some tiger blood to ensure winning.

A couple of bottles of Rioja with each meal.
Reply 5
Original post by emerald7770
If it's your last meal, why would you even think about how healthy it is or your five a day? Idk tbh but I wouldn't pick anything healthy!! Lolz.

No, no no!

It's not your last meal, it is choosing only one meal that you can eat for the rest of your life:wink:
Original post by Drez999
No, no no!

It's not your last meal, it is choosing only one meal that you can eat for the rest of your life:wink:

OHHHHH well my answer is still the same tho!!!
Reply 7
Original post by The Admiral
A buffet because you can have the choice of anything.

That's cheating...:smile:

In the spirit of the thread, selection of a specific main meal is required...:wink:
Reply 8
Original post by Drez999
That's cheating...:smile:

In the spirit of the thread, selection of a specific main meal is required...:wink:

Alright, I will go for fish and chips then!
Reply 9
Original post by The Admiral
Alright, I will go for fish and chips then!

That sounds a yummy choice but perhaps not the wisest one to sustain you healthily for the rest of your life :colondollar:
I haven't thought about the actual meal, but it'd be something very healthy with all the essential vitamins and minerals and a good balance of macronutrients. There's no point in picking your favourite foods if it's going to be all you can eat for the rest of your life - if you eat nothing but one thing, it's going to get boring soon enough anyway no matter how much you love it initially, so why pick something unhealthy that's probably going to see you dead before you reach 50? My favourite food, hands down without question, is pizza, but there's no way I'd pick that as my only meal for the rest of my life because in the end it'd become no more exciting or enjoyable than something a lot healthier.
(edited 6 years ago)
If you choose something like pizza, are you allowed to change the toppings each time. Or iff you do a roast dinner or something can you change it? Or does it have to be the same?
Nuggets
Reply 13
Original post by Kholmes1
If you choose something like pizza, are you allowed to change the toppings each time. Or iff you do a roast dinner or something can you change it? Or does it have to be the same?

It has to be only one specific meal that you can only eat for the rest of your life...
Turkish kebabs please
Reply 15
Original post by 111davey1
Turkish kebabs please

Yummy choice (I have a Turkish friend:smile:) but, again, is that a wise choice as the only one meal that you can (healthily) eat for the rest of your life?

I'm not a Nutritionist but...:colondollar:
Reply 16
Original post by WoodyMKC
I haven't thought about the actual meal, but it'd be something very healthy with all the essential vitamins and minerals and a good balance of macronutrients. There's no point in picking your favourite foods if it's going to be all you can eat for the rest of your life - if you eat nothing but one thing, it's going to get boring soon enough anyway no matter how much you love it initially, so why pick something unhealthy that's probably going to see you dead before you reach 50? My favourite food, hands down without question, is pizza, but there's no way I'd pick that as my only meal for the rest of my life because in the end it'd become no more exciting or enjoyable than something a lot healthier.

Agree with what you say...

So, whenever you are ready to post your actual choice matey, I will be interested in reading...:wink:
Lamb curry and naan.
Waffles for dessert :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by Zaradavidson
Nuggets

Can gold be digested or have any nutritional value?
Original post by Drez999
Mine would be roast chicken, roast potatoes and parsnips, broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower cheese, swede and carrots mashed with butter and black pepper, garden peas, fresh steak tomatoes with bread sauce and onion gravy. With condiments of sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, malt vinegar and dijon mustard.

Why? Because I love every component of the meal and I think it would probably keep me alive and healthy as the only meal I would ever be able to eat.

Additionally, there's a good 8 of my '5 a day' :smile:

How about you?

Fish finger sandwichs with a mug of "Nelson's Revenge" ale

Quick Reply

Latest