The Student Room Group

Why am i hungry all the time and how do i stop it?

Im 19 years old and 14 stone. I tried a one meal a day diet for like a month and a bit but sacked it off like 2 weeks ago and since then ive been constantly hungry. Genuinely after every meal my first thought is “im still hungry” and its getting harder and harder not to over eat constantly. Ive tried drinking water when im hungry to fill up my stomach but i only feel full for about 10 minutes then im hungry again. I could easily eat like 10x what i do in a day i just have to really force myself to stop.

Ive recently lost like 5 stone and im really worried im gonna end up right back where i was if this carries on.
Original post by Anonymous
Im 19 years old and 14 stone. I tried a one meal a day diet for like a month and a bit but sacked it off like 2 weeks ago and since then ive been constantly hungry. Genuinely after every meal my first thought is “im still hungry” and its getting harder and harder not to over eat constantly. Ive tried drinking water when im hungry to fill up my stomach but i only feel full for about 10 minutes then im hungry again. I could easily eat like 10x what i do in a day i just have to really force myself to stop.

Ive recently lost like 5 stone and im really worried im gonna end up right back where i was if this carries on.

What is your calorie deficit. Ideally dont drop it too low below 1800-2000 as that will leave you hungry especially if you are not used to it. Its important to figure out what is appropriate eating and what is overeating. Is it possible that you are currently under eating? Its also important to analyse what you are eating. Are you having enough carbs, protein, nutrients etc? If you are doing lots of exercise you will need to eat more to keep being healthy and as long as you are still in a calorie deficit you are fine. Do you drink enough water? Sometimes dehydration makes you feel hungry!
Reply 2
it very well might be an indication of dietary lacks, stress, not getting sufficient rest, or chemical uneven characters. Eating sufficient protein, remaining hydrated, and getting sufficient rest can assist with lessening hunger. The fact that it needs more food makes hunger your body's regular signal.
Reply 3
What is your calorie deficit. Ideally dont drop it too low below 1800-2000 as that will leave you hungry especially if you are not used to it. Its important to figure out what is appropriate eating and what is overeating. Is it possible that you are currently under eating? Its also important to analyse what you are eating. Are you having enough carbs, protein, nutrients etc? If you are doing lots of exercise you will need to eat more to keep being healthy and as long as you are still in a calorie deficit you are fine. Do you drink enough water? Sometimes dehydration makes you feel hungry!

I dont think im under eating but ive just started work full time so my eating times have been different but i work in a kitchen so theres always food around

Like if im on an early shift i have a sandwich before i go, around 12 i have a little bowl of leftovers from breakfast service so like a bit of bacon, a sausage, and a spoonful of mushrooms and beans then when i get home ill have a cooked dinner

If i start later ill have a sandwich before i go, get fed a cooked meal about 4pm there then throw something together when i get home like chicken goujons or microwave rice at like 11pm

I feel like that should be enough surely any more than that is over eating
I dont think im under eating but ive just started work full time so my eating times have been different but i work in a kitchen so theres always food around

Like if im on an early shift i have a sandwich before i go, around 12 i have a little bowl of leftovers from breakfast service so like a bit of bacon, a sausage, and a spoonful of mushrooms and beans then when i get home ill have a cooked dinner

If i start later ill have a sandwich before i go, get fed a cooked meal about 4pm there then throw something together when i get home like chicken goujons or microwave rice at like 11pm

I feel like that should be enough surely any more than that is over eating

I think you're leaving too big of a gap between meal times, that's probably why you're still hungry. Eating more than that definitely isn't over eating

Quick Reply

Latest