The Student Room Group

Should I eat even though I am not hungry?

So I haven't had a proper meal today, just breakfast if you call it that with coffee and a pastry with chocolate chip. Should I eat now even though I am not hungry? I have anorexia as well and I feel like I am getting hungry now.
Reply 1
Oh and I had cheese toastie
Original post by Anonymous
So I haven't had a proper meal today, just breakfast if you call it that with coffee and a pastry with chocolate chip. Should I eat now even though I am not hungry? I have anorexia as well and I feel like I am getting hungry now.

hello, fellow person with anorexia, I would eat because I know that for me skipping meals is a really easy way for me to slip into old habits
Reply 3
Our bodies need food to function. Consistently, throughout the day, every day.

If you are hungry, eat. Even if you feel like you've already had a lot of food, even if you just ate, even if you're having a meal soon.

Sometimes you might not feel hungry. You might be genuinely full, or there may be other factors which mean that your appetite is suppressed. Even if you don't feel hungry, if it's a time of day when you would usually eat, then have some food. If you've not had much food recently, then you definitely need to eat.

It doesn't matter what time it is, or what has happened/is happening in the rest of the day, your body needs energy, and you need to look after it and nourish it. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

If you know that ur normally fine with eating and ur not hungry I wouldnt eat, quite recently ive only been eating dinner really cause Im just not that hungry. But if you know that you have an issue with eating, like anorexia, I would try to eat something small, even if youre not hungry, because even if ur not eating much its nice to stay in a certain rhythm to stop u slipping into bad habbits

Quick Reply

Latest