The Student Room Group

Query - Two Jobs?

Hi all,

I'm new to posting threads, but have been a long time lerking non-member.

I'm 17 and currently an apprentice, working 5 days a week (workdays). However, it'd be nice to have a little extra cash and actually do something productive with my weekends.

My question is, would it be possible for me to find a weekend/Saturday job to go alongside my full-time job? I know that a few of my friends who are also like me work Saturday alongside their normal jobs.

Thanks
Yeah! I have three jobs, Just make them aware that you're weekend only
Original post by AJayH00
Hi all,

I'm 17 and currently an apprentice, working 5 days a week (workdays). However, it'd be nice to have a little extra cash and actually do something productive with my weekends.

My question is, would it be possible for me to find a weekend/Saturday job to go alongside my full-time job? I know that a few of my friends who are also like me work Saturday alongside their normal jobs.

Thanks

Definitely! Just be aware that it will sacrifice either your weekend daytime or evenings which you might usually spend with family and friends.

Particularly good weekend jobs include pubs/bars because they will always need extra staff on Friday/Saturday nights, and also Sunday lunch kind of pubs/restaurants too.
Original post by AJayH00
Hi all,

Thanks

It's worthwhile checking your contract. Some employers will have an exclusivity clause that prevents you from taking up additional employment without their permission
Original post by AJayH00
Hi all,

Thanks

Yeah, you can have 2 jobs. Places like McDonalds, restauyrestauyrants, cafés, shops etc will take people on the nne day a week.
Double check that your main employer won't get funny (check your contract) but most places are fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending