The Student Room Group

gcse poem help

basically toady we were doing an exam about poems and memory came up
i had no idea how memory can be presented as a powerful force

ps. the question was how memory can be seen as a powerful force in emigree and one other poem.

help is appreciated
Original post by ehruhure

ps. the question was how memory can be seen as a powerful force in emigree and one other poem.

help is appreciated

I'm not familiar to the text, but the theme of memory can be seen through different factors. If a character refers to a past event or fails to do so, the significance of the event can show how powerful memory is. It's likely to be tied with emotion or something similar to that. Memory can also be seen if a character's opinion of someone changes due to an event that occurred.
Reply 2
Original post by MattPhelps2000
I'm not familiar to the text, but the theme of memory can be seen through different factors. If a character refers to a past event or fails to do so, the significance of the event can show how powerful memory is. It's likely to be tied with emotion or something similar to that. Memory can also be seen if a character's opinion of someone changes due to an event that occurred.

sorry to task one more question but can u give me it in points
ie. memory is presented a powerful force through.......

thank u very much and good luck with ur gcse
sorry to task one more question but can u give me it in points
ie. memory is presented a powerful force through.......

thank u very much and good luck with ur gcse

You may want to structure it like this:

Memory is presented as a powerful force through the quote ______. This connotes the idea that ______ and is also supported by the quote _______. On the other hand, in the poem _____ memory is presented as weak through the quote _____ which suggests that ______

As I don't know the text, I can't fill in the blanks but that could be a decent structure to follow if it's a comparison question.

P.S, I got As in my two English GCSEs but thanks anyway
Reply 4
Original post by MattPhelps2000
You may want to structure it like this:

Memory is presented as a powerful force through the quote ______. This connotes the idea that ______ and is also supported by the quote _______. On the other hand, in the poem _____ memory is presented as weak through the quote _____ which suggests that ______

As I don't know the text, I can't fill in the blanks but that could be a decent structure to follow if it's a comparison question.

P.S, I got As in my two English GCSEs but thanks anyway

lucky man
Reply 5

help is appreciated

Well, in Emigree memory is presented as the character remembering the country they emigrated from whilst they are in a different country. You could link memory to Remains, for example, in how they remember killing a "probably armed, possibly not" soldier in war, and the PTSD that came with the memories.
Reply 6
Original post by woody16
Well, in Emigree memory is presented as the character remembering the country they emigrated from whilst they are in a different country. You could link memory to Remains, for example, in how they remember killing a "probably armed, possibly not" soldier in war, and the PTSD that came with the memories.

thanks matey

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending