The Student Room Group

How many people actually floss?

So I now have to have a mouth guard because I have been grinding my teeth in stress I am supposed to put it in every night and if getting stressed when studying not sure they will let me take it in in its case for exams dont think they will.

Anyway the dentist said I also need to floss but I never flossed before and its really awkward and difficult to get that stringy stuff between each tooth.

Am I unhygienic or something do most people floss? what happened to just brushing your teeth and using mouth wash?

I thought I was better then most for using the mouth wash but apparently everyone flosses really?
Sometimes you can't brush to get the food out from between your teeth, so you need to floss as well!
It's not unhygienic if you don't floss in my opinion. The last time I went the dentist they told me to floss despite also brushing my teeth twice a day and using mouthwash.

I don't know anyone who flosses. I actually asked a few of my friends about it when I got told too and none of them do it.

So I guess, it's personal choice really! If you feel the need to floss then.. do it! But if not, don't bother. I think brushing and mouthwash is completely fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luke7456
So I now have to have a mouth guard because I have been grinding my teeth in stress I am supposed to put it in every night and if getting stressed when studying not sure they will let me take it in in its case for exams dont think they will.

Anyway the dentist said I also need to floss but I never flossed before and its really awkward and difficult to get that stringy stuff between each tooth.

Am I unhygienic or something do most people floss? what happened to just brushing your teeth and using mouth wash?

I thought I was better then most for using the mouth wash but apparently everyone flosses really?

My friend brushes 3 times a day, uses mouthwash 3 times a day and flosses after every meal. Still has cavities and fillings.

If your dentist recommends flossing, at least try it but it's not a necessity in my opinion. I've never had bad teeth in my life and I just brush my teeth twice a day.

Quick Reply

Latest