The Student Room Group

GEN nursing Nottingham 2018

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I have been accepted onto a GEN Course for January also! I have not received any information about the Advance Portfolio! I am panicking, did you guys get the details in an email?
Reply 21
Original post by JessS1993
Hello, I have been accepted onto a GEN Course for January also! I have not received any information about the Advance Portfolio! I am panicking, did you guys get the details in an email?

Hi Jess,

Yes I got an email on 19/05 with usernames & passwords on and instructions about the seminars they did online to help us, did you not get a pebble pad password?

Its due on the 8th of June, I would call them tomorrow.
Reply 22
Original post by Lauren-C
Yeah that's what I was thinking too, I'm going to have to start looking into it properly soon. So what's made you decide to do this now rather than straight out of uni?

I always wanted to do it but I kind of wimped out when I was 18, went off to do something totally different, have come back to work with children again and decided it is really what I want to do :smile: What are you studying?
Reply 23
I'm doing health and social care, I was kind of like you that I wimped out, I started applying for nursing degrees but then got scared about doing it so did a more general degree so I could keep my options open, but have now come back to the idea and know that it is completely what I want to do.

Are you guys part of the general GEN nottingham facebook page? There was a girl on there who posted about starting a course wattsapp group for the people starting in our year so I've messaged her but she hasn't replied yet, so was wondering whether we should start a chat on facebook or wattsapp or something and I can add her into when she replies? What do you think? might be easier than discussing things on here.

Jess, in one of the webinars a few people said that they didn't get the email with details about the portfolio so they were told to just give them a ring or send them an email.
Reply 24
Oh cool yeah that's exactly what I did, I got some offers as well. No I'm not part of the page but yes that sounds like a great idea. Yes defo easier to talk on facebook or whatsapp, is there anywhere on here private I can private message you my name or number?! I'll look at the Nottingham GEN group :smile:
Reply 25
If you go onto my profile, you can private message me on there
Hi,I am starting in Jan 2018 for child GEN course. Did anyone join the webinars for the advanced standing portfolio? I don't seem to be able to add the add-in you need to connect for Adobe on my laptop so can't access them. I am wondering if they mentioned if you can relate other work / education experience to the criterias as I am struggling with the leadership and decision making part? Anyone else struggling with these?Gemma

I have 3 months home care assistant work experience with adults and experience of classroom support with early years
but thats all.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 27
Hi GemmaI watched the first webinar, I think they said that you can use other experience as long. as you gained transferable skills but you could always email them to double check
Original post by Lauren-C
Hi GemmaI watched the first webinar, I think they said that you can use other experience as long. as you gained transferable skills but you could always email them to double check

Hi Lauren, Thanks I managed to watch the webinars in the end and they answered my questions and reassured me about experience. I have almost finished the portfolio, but worried I will get a refer. Hope you are getting on ok?

Gemma
Hey. I've got a place for Jan 2018 for mental health nursing. They still havent sent me the details for the portfolio, I contacted them a couple of weeks ago and they said the login info would be with me shortly. Panicking a bit. Anyway, did anyone set up a facebook or whatsapp group? :smile:
Reply 30
Hi, I have a place for mental health nursing :smile: is anyone else applying for halls?
Reply 31
Hey, a few of us have got a Facebook chat so if you want to message me your names I could add you on to that? I think it took a couple of weeks after I got accepted on to the course for them to send me anything about the portfolio so I think it's probably best to just contact them again if you still haven't received anything.
Hey, has anyone started their bursary application?
Hi everyone! It's been a while since you last posted but I will also be starting this course in January. Is everyone planning on working part-time to get by, too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending