The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Any 2017/18 Mature Students

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I am starting in September and I am 54. I will be studying Chinese Studies and living in a student House at 104 Cranbrook Avenue. Be good to hear other peoples stories and meet up for coffees / pints come D-Day.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I have been given my moving in dates which are the 15th -17th September (have to be in occupation of the room by Tuesday 19th, so I am presuming things will start Week beginning 25th September.
Hi I'm doing a masters in Education as a mature student. Up for a coffee!
Original post by Bad Old Dad
I have been given my moving in dates which are the 15th -17th September (have to be in occupation of the room by Tuesday 19th, so I am presuming things will start Week beginning 25th September.

I've heard that we start a week earlier than years 2 & 3 so it could be around the 18th. We should start receiving more correspondence from the university from this Thursday.
Hi everyone,

My last post was a very quick reply! Let me introduce myself a little more! I completed a BEd Primary Education Studies as a mature student after 8 years working full time in the Royal Navy as a meteorologist. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at university and I was impressed by how welcome I was felt. After completion, I was working full time as a primary school teacher but now on maternity leave. Now, I have moved to Hull from Durham, given up my full time job and decided to juggle a newborn and study a Masters degree in Education, Inclusion and Special Education Needs. If you have any questions about any element of your time at uni please don't hesitate to ask. I'm more than happy to meet for a cuppa. It is an overwhelming experience when you have given up so much to pursue your goals but believe me when I say it is worth it! Good luck in all your educational endeavours and hope to hear from some of you soon!

All the best,

Emma

P.S. I'm 29! Haha!
Hi everyone,I'm starting a masters as a mature student this September too. I went back to uni in 2014 in my mid twenties. It wasn't my favourite experience (commuting so didn't really make any uni pals) but I'm happy I did it. If I hadn't I wouldn't have the same opportunities I have now so that's really been the whole point. I've moved to Hull a little early (due to partner starting a job). If any one is up for meeting for a coffee or something before we start on campus that would be cool. I've also signed up for the Hull New in Town meetup group if any of you are on there?Best,Alison
Original post by timelessusername
Hi everyone,I'm starting a masters as a mature student this September too. I went back to uni in 2014 in my mid twenties. It wasn't my favourite experience (commuting so didn't really make any uni pals) but I'm happy I did it. If I hadn't I wouldn't have the same opportunities I have now so that's really been the whole point. I've moved to Hull a little early (due to partner starting a job). If any one is up for meeting for a coffee or something before we start on campus that would be cool. I've also signed up for the Hull New in Town meetup group if any of you are on there?Best,Alison

Hi Alison,

What masters are you doing? I would love to meet for a cuppa! Let me know if you'd like to meet up on campus sometime. :smile:

Emma
Im 27 starting at the University of Nottingham. Business...nice to see others as well. It will likely be tough but im super excited, and as a previous poster said....in my teenage years i simply wasnt up to it. Did a foundation year course in London, got with AAB at foundation and am overall just ready to go.
Hi Alison

It is good to meet you, I won't be arriving in Hull until the 14th or 15th but meeting up with new people would be good and perhaps you will have discovered sme decent places in Hull by then!

All the best

Chris
Hi Emma

It is good to meet you, hopefully we can chat over a coffee and you can give me the benefit of what you know. I am starting to get a little nervous now!

All the best

Chris
Original post by Bad Old Dad
Hi Emma

It is good to meet you, hopefully we can chat over a coffee and you can give me the benefit of what you know. I am starting to get a little nervous now!

All the best

Chris

Hey Chris,

Absolutely! What degree are you doing? Let me know when is good and we can catch up. :smile:

Emma
Original post by EmmalouMA
Hey Chris,

Absolutely! What degree are you doing? Let me know when is good and we can catch up. :smile:

Emma

That will be great Emma :smile:

I am doing Chinese Studies for 4 years (yikes!). I am planning on moving there on the 14th or 15th, so lets arrange something when I have unpacked all my crap - far too much, a lifetime's worth!
Hi! im Toni and i'm 24 years old, going to be living in student accommodation in hull as i currently live in sheffield. scary thought but i do hope to enjoy what this journey has to bring! i will be studying psychology with foundation year :biggrin:
Reply 33
Hi everyone I'm a mature student too (43) going to be doing accounting I'm starting at year 2 though so kinda nervous most people will already know each other so something else to overcome lol.
Hi Everyone,

I'm starting my Masters in Business Management at the just mature student age of 25! Looking to see if anyone else will be starting this course too? And if you've received any info yet!

Becki
Reply 35
Hi,

I'm coming to Hull University this year and will be studying Geography.

I'm a little apprehensive after a hiatus from education but looking forward to the experience at the same time.

I'm 30 and have a 4 year old daughter so will be juggling home life in with University. I will be travelling from Barnsley daily.

It's some what reassuring when you read about others going to Hull who are in the same or similar situation as me.
Hi everyone, if not already found, access to your timetable can be found at timetables.hull.ac.uk then enter your 6 digit My Admin number and password. Hope to see you all soon.
Original post by loobylawls
Hi everyone, if not already found, access to your timetable can be found at timetables.hull.ac.uk then enter your 6 digit My Admin number and password. Hope to see you all soon.

Yeah I saw mine this morning but only one module on there for some reason🤔
Hi Teckyy,

I also have a child and trying to study at the same time... we don't do things easy do we? As I said to Chris and Ali before, I'm happy for a cuppa and chat. I have recently moved to Hull so I'm available if you want a chat... and don't mind me bringing along the little one!

Emma :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest