The Student Room Group

Kicked out of 6 form

I was taking AS levels in Film studies and business and i was also retaking English my teacher told me since i am predicted a D in the English Retake i can not stay on next year i'm expecting around D grades for both my AS studies will i be able to redo the course somewhere else ??
Original post by Fez_Shabbir
I was taking AS levels in Film studies and business and i was also retaking English my teacher told me since i am predicted a D in the English Retake i can not stay on next year i'm expecting around D grades for both my AS studies will i be able to redo the course somewhere else ??

So, even if you get higher, they're still going to kick you out? That's pretty unfair tbh
Original post by GetOverHere
So, even if you get higher, they're still going to kick you out? That's pretty unfair tbh

They said even if i pass english there wont be another course for me to do what do you reccomend?
They said even if i pass english there wont be another course for me to do what do you reccomend?

I'm honestly not sure; I'd perhaps advise looking around and contacting other sixth forms to see if there's any way you'll be able to do it. I just think it's very strange that your sixth form is kicking you out based on a predicted grade (which they themselves have decided) rather than an achieved grade in an exam.

That doesnt sound like they are kicking you out for failing, just deciding not to run A2?

If you wish to continue, then you either have to:

1. Contact exam board and id a college or school that will let you do A2.
2. Contact exam board and enter yourself as a private candidate, do correspondence or teach yourself.
3. Just redo A levels in full at college.
Original post by 999tigger
That doesnt sound like they are kicking you out for failing, just deciding not to run A2?

If you wish to continue, then you either have to:

1. Contact exam board and id a college or school that will let you do A2.
2. Contact exam board and enter yourself as a private candidate, do correspondence or teach yourself.
3. Just redo A levels in full at college.

im not sure just two A2 subjects will work will it ?
Are you sure they won't let you come back because of your english or is it because of your predicted as grades? I know at my school you have to get a certain grade to be able to do A2 (it's either a C or a D I can't remember) so are you definite its your english they won't let you come back because? Do either of your subjects require a pass in english for you to get the a level? I know a friend of mine is retaking her english GCSE and she won't be able to get her childcare qualification if she can't pass it. Maybe that's why they won't let you come back, its not because they don't want to its because they can't?
im not sure just two A2 subjects will work will it ?

Unclear what you mean. If you have a careers adviser in school go and see them or talk to national careers
https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/contact-us/home

Quick Reply

Latest